Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > 86th Republic Day Festival of Turkey    

86th Republic Day Festival of Turkey

mr.dgdln
Turkey

86th Republic Day Festival of Turkey

On October 29, 1923, the Turkish constitution was amended. the Grand National Assembly proclaimed the Republic of Turkey and Turkey became a republic. This formally declared the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.Atat�rk was named as its President, Ankara as its capital, and the modern state of Turkey was born.

Republic Day (Cumhuriyet Bayramı) is celebrated throughout Turkey every year.

Today We�re celebrating this meaningful day.  

Turkish National Anthem
Fear not! For the crimson flag that proudly ripples in this glorious twilight, shall never fade,
Before the last fiery hearth that is ablaze within my nation is extinguished.
For That is the star of my nation, and it will forever shine;
It is mine; and solely belongs to my valiant nation.
Frown not, I beseech you, oh thou coy crescent,
But smile upon my heroic race! Why the anger, why the rage? �
Our blood which we shed for you will not be blessed otherwise;
For freedom is the absolute right of my God-worshiping nation.
I have been free since the beginning and forever will be so.

29 Oct 2009      

Aimee/S.
Israel

Happy "Republic Day" to you and all of Turkey!
I visited the Ataturk Museum in Ankara many years ago - he was such an impressive and inspiring leader!
Today, in Israel, we�re marking the 14th anniversary of Prime Minister Y. Rabin�s tragic assassination (according to Hebrew calendar) - He was an inspiring leader too... - A day to think about non-violence, peace, tolerance and the true meaning of democracy. 

bbpeace.gif image by aimeesackstein

29 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Hello, mr.dgdln
Long live honourable Turkey, the heart of Byzantine!
Crossing fingers to have you, people in EU (I won �t have to buy your yeni turk lirasi to visit).Cool
One of your pics isn �t showing; can you fix it?

There �s something else to celebrate today. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed to join in here.
Best regards,
ij

edit: beautiful Anthem. Why the anger, why the rage?
I�m going to try to find it & listen.

29 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

dear Aimee and Idelina
Thanks for your nice comments.
@Idelina
what else is there to celebrate today? I dunno! please inform me of it.

29 Oct 2009     

serene
Greece

Many Happy Returns of the Day, mr.dgdln!

I wish all the best to you and your country and I hope the hostilities of the past between our countries will never be repeated and that our peoples will always live in peace and cooperation.

Regards from neighbouring Greece
serene

29 Oct 2009     

swan2206
Turkey

One day my mortal body will turn to dust, but the Turkish Republic will stand forever.

MUSTAFA KEMAL ATAT�RK

To see me does not necessarily mean to see my face. To understand my thoughts is to have seen me.
                                                                                               MUSTAFA KEMAL ATAT�RK

The Turkish Nation consists of the valiant descendants of a people that has lived independently and has considered independence the sole condition of existence. This nation has never lived without freedom, cannot and never will.
                                                                                             MUSTAFA KEMAL ATAT�RK

We Turks are a people who, throughout our history, have been the very embodiment of freedom and independence. 
                                                                                             MUSTAFA KEMAL ATAT�RK

There are two Mustafa Kemals; one is flesh-and-bone Mustafa Kemal who now stands before you and will pass away. The other one is you, all of you who will go to the far corners of our land to speand the ideals which must be defended with your lives if necessary. I stand for the nation �s dreams, and my life �s work is to make them come true.
                                                                                            MUSTAFA KEMAL ATAT�RK

29 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

To all our Turkish friends,  hope you have a wonderful day.

29 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

My dear Turkish friends my best wishes, hoping you �ll join the EU very soon.
Hug
Mariannina

29 Oct 2009     

epit
Turkey

We owe to many things to the great person Atat�rk.He says"Peace at home ,peace in the world."For that reason,Turkish nation will never forget him.

29 Oct 2009