Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!!!!    

Help!!!!

t@ti
Brazil

Help!!!!

Hi ,
After thinking a lot I got confused today. I was trying to remember a word, but in fact, I think it doesn�t even exist. I mean, when I want to refer to a man who married to an unfaithful wife I can call this person a CUCKOLD, am I right?
What if it�s the opposite?  How do we call a woman who married to an unfaithful husband?

Hope u guys help me...

XOXO

30 Oct 2009      

Judymcm
New Zealand

Strictly speaking, a cuckold is a married man with an adulterous wife, but current usage sometimes extends the term informally to include cuckqueans (women with adulterous husbands), wittols (husbands who consent to their wife �s extramarital sex), and non-married couples in analogous situations.Strictly speaking, a cuckold is a married man with an adulterous wife, but current usage sometimes extends the term informally to include cuckqueans (women with adulterous husbands), wittols (husbands who consent to their wife �s extramarital sex), and non-married couples in analogous situations. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold
Hope this helps - Judy

30 Oct 2009     

t@ti
Brazil

Thank you dear!!!

It really helped!!!

30 Oct 2009