Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Am I the only one having problems downloading?    

Am I the only one having problems downloading?

pcafer (F)
Portugal

Am I the only one having problems downloading?

this  is the 3rd day that I can�t download any worsheet. Does anyone knows why? I have already asked for help, but no one answered me. When I click on "download this worksheet" a message appears saying that the site I have requested doesn�t exist or is not available. it�s not a problem with my computer because I�ve tried in different ones and the result is the same... Is there a problem with my account, Victor? Why?

thanks a lot

19 Sep 2008      

victor
Spain

Hello,
Nobody else has reported such error.
Does it happen with all the worksheets?
You could try right click + "save target as" to download the printables, to see if it works.

19 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Victor,

I just went and tried to use the right click  �save target as� option.  It comes up with this error message:

I attempted to do the same in Mozilla firefox, I was only able to save the link, not the actual file.

To download any files you need to click on the file and have it open in Word/powerpoint and then save.

To be honest Victor, I have had problems with the �save target as� option for some time - I assumed it was because I had changed to using firefox. 

Hope this helps

19 Sep 2008     

victor
Spain

OK, I think I�ve found the problem. It should be solved now.

19 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

It happened to too if you remember Victor.
It is still on.
Just today I downloaded one successfully but not the following 2 or 3.
This is worse and quite frustrating when there is no error message.

Another remark.
Now, I think I understand why some WS have more points than "normal" specially those reported as stolen. This is because each time we click on the download link 1 point is added to the WS. And since many of us aren�t patient they click several times when they see the download not starting. The points are even subtracted from the downloader�s ones when the WS is not recent.
I think you can�t experience it if each time you test on you own PC the download is successful.

I have just given mmargalef some 5 to 6 points because I�ve been trying t download one of her WS snce a couple of hours.

Congratulation
mmargalef you are very lucky.

OK just kidding no matter he point the WS is worth downloading I will keep on trying

19 Sep 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

Goodnesses just tell me the worksheets you tried to download and I�ll send them to you! Thanks for downloading them.

19 Sep 2008     

victor
Spain

Hi Goodnesses,
When you say it is still on... Are you having downloading errors right now?
Some days ago I introduced a hot link protection in the docs and ppts and I�ve just removed it an hour ago. I thought it could be the cause of the errors.

19 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

No "Miriam" I don�t want to annoy you with it.

I will try even if it costs me a hundred points.

It is one of your recent WS that all what I can tell you. Anyway it is the one entitled "getting around"

In fact this is the problem I am pointing out to Vctor.
This lesson consists of 2 WS,Doesn�t it Miriam?
I downloaded the 1st one normally but when I tried with the 2nd one soon after did not want to start downloading and it stay like this hanging endlessly without any error message.

PS: Am I right with you name mmargalef or am i giving you a wrong one? I will be very embarrassed then.

19 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Yes Victor
The problem still persists and what is unbearable is that there is no error message. So, I understand your frustration. I have some computing experience and I know how frustrating it could be when you realize ther is a problem with you system and you can�t determine the cause because there is no error message.

Right now the "icon" is turning, turning, turning, turning, ....

19 Sep 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

Yes Goodnesses: it is a 4 skill lesson. It was too big to make only a document. I�ll be pleased to send both of them if you give me your email. Please send me an email and I�ll send you both.

Yes, my name is Miriam, though my username is mmargalef (margalef is my surname) 

19 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

You are very kind Miriam.
Here is my email : [email protected] if it does pass try with .com

Ah..
I start missing the private messages and the active topics index.

CU

19 Sep 2008     

1    2    Next >