Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > History of this Site    

History of this Site

Carla Horne
United States

History of this Site

Dear Members,

Has anyone ever thought of writing a history of this site? I would like to know the following:

When was it first put on the internet?
     Who were the first 10 members?
     Who got to 30 points first?
     Who made the first online exercise and power point?
     When was The Cafe started?

The dates when the rules were determined would also be a plus. The history could be a link and all new members could read it.

Carla

31 Oct 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Great thread, Carla!

Sorry, I have no info about this but I would like to know too.

31 Oct 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi Carla,

Loved it, loved it!!!!Clap Surely, we should have a history section for this outstanding site. It �s soooooooooooooo interesting to know how was our home at the very beginning, and how it developed by time. Wowwwwwww!!! It would be great, but somehow tiring for Victor. Don �t you think so???? I don´t know whether the members here are able to find out the exact dates and details. Once, we tried to find out when this site first appeared, but we couldn´t reach a clear-cut date.

Hugs,
Nebal

31 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

IT might be interesting to have a day with Victor here at the forum or in the cafe - to have him join us for a certain time and answer questions or suggestions �live �. I know he �s really busy, but perhaps sth like this could be arranged once every 2 months or so.

31 Oct 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Dear Nebal,

The history wouldn �t have to have an exact date. I would be happy with a month and a year or just a season and a year, like summer of 2000.

Anita, I think that �s a great idea to ask Victor to join us at the forum. On a weekend would be good because we all work.

Hugs,
Carla
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Isabel,

I did an edit because I didn´t want your answer to go off the forum. Thank You! I consider this valuable information!

Hugs,
Carla

31 Oct 2009     

isaserra
Portugal

Hello,
I �ve been a member from this site since 2007, I think... By that time, the site already had several members...
It had no forum and points system as totally different from the one existing nowadays...
When we opened the main page instead of the forum we could see the most downloaded ws and the most rated ws...
In the site beginnings the wss were rated from 1 to 10...
Regarding the first 30 points, it is difficult to say who was the first member to have 30 points,because the 30 points system was implemented later, when many members had more than 30 points and I was one f those members....
Finally, I think the Teacher �s cafe started working this year...

Hugs,
Isabel

31 Oct 2009