Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Am I just dreaming or we could...?    

Am I just dreaming or we could...?

lolelozano
Argentina

I also agree - That�s a great idea!

We need to push ourselves into a state of enthusiasm! Clap

Hugs,
labadt

31 Oct 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

I love statistics!
I was always curious about those things!
What a great idea Zailda! Clap
We could also have a section with "the star of the day member"Star, just at random... would be nice!
Happy Halloween everyone and enjoy the weekend!
Cyn

31 Oct 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

What a fantastic idea! I agree with all your suggestions. I hope Victor does make it happen!

Carla

31 Oct 2009     

frenchfrog
France

who �s the member with more points
> the number of points is a consequence of the number of downloads; it is not an objective to reach! It is not a race / competition to know who is first!!!

what contributions were the most dowloaded in this site
>  if the most downloaded worksheet is a worksheet meant for very young learners and I teach young adults, how is it relevant to me (general �me �)?

who posted the greatest number of wss (also in the statistics page)
> More does not necessarily mean better. Is it better to have quantity over quality?

It is not nice to focus on some particular members when this site is for EVERYBODY. We are teachers, full stop!!!!!

I like the other ideas! Smile

I think what would be useful is to �spot � the teachers that teach the same level as you do. Several times I have seen posts of members saying they found it hard to find materials for very young learners or young adults or ... It would be great to have some referential posts in which these teachers could �register � and �meet � virtually. For example, a post entitled �First virtual conference of teachers teaching very young children � (LOL) in which the members would introduce themselves, mention their difficulties but also what they are good at, a list of sites they find useful for their job, what they would like to improve in their teaching, their tips, what they are looking for more specifically... Other posts: �First virtual conference of teachers teaching young adults �, �First virtual conference of teachers teaching children with specific needs �, � �First virtual conference of teachers teaching cats and dogs � (LOLLOLLOL)...

31 Oct 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

I agree with you frenchfrog..I think that these ideas are not bad but it will demand Victor more work and it won �t be totally useful (except for fun)
However, the idea of having a "game category" seems to be great because sometimes I can �t find them.
Have a great weekend!

31 Oct 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I really agree with frenchfrog and I am against any kind of ranking on this site.

There are people who would feel embarrassed if they knew their worksheets would enter kind of a competition.

Our needs are so different, consequently our preferences are as different.

That �s my HO.

31 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I was all day at work and just now I could read your responses. As I said, just wondering if we could. Of course many members may have different ideas or be totally against, as it happens to be.

BTW, I have nothing against competition and we have competition here. Maybe if members could show better their skills producing work they wouldn �t feel the necessity to dispute attention on the forum and many heated discussions could be avoid.

And if I need help right now, why would I spend my time sending some PMs to people wishing they were online? I could choose one of the members online at that moment.

I have seen some members wondering those statistics, so they could be useful for some. Of course part of the features in this site are useful for some and for others don �t. Those ones I mentioned wouldn �t be an exception and the one who is not interested won �t see, they would be available for everyone but no one would be forced to go to the statistics page.

Thanks for the responses!

Have a great weekend

31 Oct 2009     

_babz
Canada

some good ideas...

i personally would enjoy:

1- A GAME category

2- knowing who is online

3- it would be GREAT to have a history of what we have downloaded, and hopefully, it wouldn �t cost us points in redownloading things......recently...i got my computer stolen....and i had to re-download some sheets i had in the past....i �m pretty sure that cost me some points..Cry

as for the competition aspect.....i don �t think it �s important....i agree with frenchfrog...this isn �t a beauty contest......if some teachers need a pat on their back......the comments on their sheets should be more than enough......we �re all great teachers in here.
If i wanted competition, i would have become some lawyer or accountant....teaching is much more than about numbers..

bye gang..

31 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2