Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > how do i make the ws black and white?    

how do i make the ws black and white?

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

how do i make the ws black and white?

i have seen people asking for the ws to be black and white but can anyone tell me how so i can include a b/w version? ty for all your help.

1 Nov 2009      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Have a look HERE

1 Nov 2009     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

ty tere but may i ask, is it  not the same to print in gray after all we are putting the picture in gray?

1 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hello,
I would like to help new members (and computer newbies) to overcome problems with pictures, so here are few tricks and tips:
1.resize pictures BEFORE you insert the pics into the Word document
2. use batch resizing - eg http://www.pixelapp.com/Free-Photo-Converter.htm
3. this software resizes hundreds of pics of one folder in few seconds :-D
4. use resized pictures and insert them into Word document by Menu - INSERT - Picture. DO not copy pics from net directly to Word document - they may DISAPPEAR
5. Pictures/Textboxes move? Prevent this by GROUPING ALL PICS in your document, Click on pic number 1, hold CTRL and leftclick on the rest of pics and then rightclick and choose GROUPING, your WORKSHEET will NOT be MESSY then
6. all pics will stick together and move like one big picture, BUT they stay editable and can be "set free"="de-grouped" again...
7. If you use resized pics, you can meet the limit 300 kB all the time and you can share worksheets consisting of 5-10 pages of pics with no problems

PLEASE resize your pics, you can save much space in your and our comps ... :-D
You can easily change grouped texboxes / pictures to BLACK and WHITE - go to properties - choose bw...

*8. If you want, you can draw your own pics in Word, just insert a Painting canvas and work within the canvas, so all your pics can be grouped / resized / blackwhited / outlined within 5 seconds...
http://kkc.k12.hi.us/tutorials/draw/index.htm
http://www.projectwoman.com/articles/04worddrawing.htm

PS 1: please embed all unusual fonts into your document - Menu - Tools - Options - Save Tab - check Embed TRUE TYPE fonts - OK. Not all computers have the same fonts. If you don �t do embedding, the font changes to the plain fonts...

PS 2: embedding fonts  for users of WORD 2007
1. CLICK MS OFFICE BUTTON on the left - choose "WORD OPTIONS" - select SAVE TAB on the left
2. PRESERVE FIDELITY - choose your DOCUMENT and then
3. check the box for "EMBED FONTS IN THE FILE" and "EMBED ONLY CHARACTERS USED in doc"
4. and SAVE your document AS a DOCUMENT WORD 2002 so you can share it at ESLPRINTABLES

1 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

"...You go first to VIEW menu, click on TOOLBARS and select PICTURE: in this way, you will have the PICTURE toolbar installed on your word page. Click on the picture you want to change into black and white, and go to the PICTURE toolbar to click on COLOR menu; here, you get four options amongst which: Black and white and Greyscale.....  Abbes "

simply choose black and white OPTION of all your pics...
if you GROUP your pics, you can do it with all pics IN ONE CLICK...

TRUE bw worksheet has no background colour, thin borders, few bw outlined pics (NOT greyscale pics)... - THERE IS not much black - bw ws SAVES ink...
BW worksheet is really PRINTER FRIENDLY + often "paper friendly"

grayscale pictures include gray background, true bw pics are OUTLINED pencil-drawn pics with white colour background / "filling" -- true bw pics consist of black LINES on white background

1 Nov 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Liz,

I am sorry I cannot say more but I can see you have already been given some help.

Good luck!

Moravc,

I think it would be great if you could make all these tips into a worksheet of "how to..." to which we could direct newcomers.
All this info is valuable  but gets  lost in mid of so many posts very soon.

Just an idea, of course.

1 Nov 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

MAY DAY ! MAY DAY!!!!Cry
MAY DAY ! MAY DAY!!!!Cry
MAY DAY ! MAY DAY!!!!Cry
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! COLLEAGES! SHAME ON ME! HEEEEEELP!!! MAY DAY ! MAY DAY!!!!Cry
RUN OUT OF POINTS!!!! FORGOTTEN COMPLETELY THAT THE UPLOADING START TO GET THE POINTS ONLU THE NEXT DAY!!!! and tomorrow have to to make a HELLOWEEN PARTY IN MY GROUP!!!! .......
SHAME ON ME! DOWNLOAD SOMETHIN PLEASE!!!! LOOK I HAVE GOOD GAMES !!! Confusedetc!

1 Nov 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

CryI FEEL SO ASHAMED. really....oh.. I WANT TO SLEEEEP! IT �S NIGHT ! BUT RUN OUT OF POINTS!!! I �M IN GREAT TROUBLE MY FRIENDS....oh...

1 Nov 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Dear Tatyana83
Your behaviour is unacceptable. You interrupted three threads with your cries for help, begging I don �t know what. How dare you !  Who do you think we are? Santa Claus?

1 Nov 2009