Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Free Games for ESL Teaching     

Free Games for ESL Teaching

Lana.
Ireland

I agree, let �s not have double standards.

I don �t mind either way whether the members share stuff from their website or from a different website, but since we adapted one policy of not advertising own websites  (the reason for this as I remember is that if everyone advertises them we �d have no place left on the forum for us) let us keep to it.

(Nothing whatsoever against anyone �s name or anything else).

1 Nov 2009     

eslgalaxy
China

Well Mr. Spagman, I would like to upload the thousands of materials on my laptop which I created over my 8 year ESL career to share with others, but do you know how many times I have tried to upload stuff with no success on this site? I am a both a web developer and  teacher, so what?  Can I not share what is mine? Do you really think I would be advertising a FREE site? I am satisfied with the traffic I get on my sites. With over 500,000 monthly unique visitors across my sites I am not desperately looking for traffic.Don �t be cynical in thinking that everyone has a commercial goal in pointing people to resources on their sites. I think you could use your time to plan lessons and create materials people can use rather than whining and grinding on this forum. By the way I �ve got work to do.

1 Nov 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Well, I guess you told me.Wink My ONLY objection is that that you posted a link to YOUR site. The way you did it was as if it was ANOTHER person �s site and you wanted to share it. To me that is deceitful. 
Can I not share what is mine?

Yes, of course you can through PROPER channels. AS stated ALREADY Victor, who is also a web developer, has asked us to refrain from self-advertising.  This is my ONLY objection to your post.  I don �t feel it is "whining or grinding".  Maybe you should take Silke �s suggestion and just write your url under your posts.  Oh wait, your posts ARE you url! HAHA

Don �t be cynical in thinking that everyone has a commercial goal in pointing people to resources on their sites.
Don �t suppose you know what my motivation was for writing this post.  I could care less about your traffic but I think it is highly unethical to do it via a disguised post that leads to your website. Maybe that is ethical in your neck of the woods.  Here it is frowned upon.
I think you could use your time to plan lessons and create materials
It took me about 10 minutes to write this. How much material can I create in that time? It takes me that long to find the clip art I need. HMMM
All I ask is that you abide by the rules.

1 Nov 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I cannot understand why it should matter where a person shares his/her worksheets - here or on his/her own site. It is sharing anyway!

Why do we have to drive away people who want to share their own work? Would it really matter if people upload their worksheets here or we go to their site and download wss from there?

I don �t think there are so many bloggers among us that we could not cope with their �onslaught �. I am happy for every new blog or site I discover and I say "Thank you" to those people.

1 Nov 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

My question: Can all of these other useful websites be put on the Bookmark Link? That is where we all should know to go to look for extra help, and the forum will be open for other issues and questions.

Victor, please correct me if I �m wrong.

Carla

1 Nov 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Did some people get up on the wrong side of the bed today?  This site is about sharing, I am sure Kisito is not out to become a millionaire by sharing with us as his site is free.  If Kisito decides to post the same message once too often, then I think that would be a problem.

Silke I entirely agree with you, so perhaps Kisito you should follow Silke �s suggestion.  In any case, thanks for the site Kisito. 

1 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2