Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What ´s meant by ..    

What ´s meant by ..

Rosa_Rose
Egypt

What ´s meant by ..

What ´s meant by "earbuds" or its wrong in spelling?

1 Nov 2009      

Mouna mch
Algeria

hi..
i believe they are the things used to clean ears..
best regards..

1 Nov 2009     

Nicola5052
United Kingdom

They are the things we use to clean our ears - in the UK they are more usually called cotton buds.

1 Nov 2009     

keftor
Turkey

hi,
by Wikipedia English;

Headphones (also known as earphones, earbuds, stereophones, headsets, or by the slang term cans) are a pair of tiny loudspeakers, or less commonly a single speaker, with a way of holding them close to a user ´s ears and a means of connecting them to a stereophonic or monophonic, or binaural audio-frequency signal source such as an audio amplifierradio, etc. In the context of telecommunication, the term headset is used to describe a combination of headphone and microphone used for two-way communication, for example with a telephone.

1 Nov 2009     

Rosa_Rose
Egypt

many thanks dears. hugssss

1 Nov 2009     

Iris77
Portugal

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=earbuds&gbv=2&aq=0&oq=earbu&aqi=g2

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&ei=axjuSuvCDcyvjAe91ayoDQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=cotton+earbuds&spell=1&start=0

When I wanna check out some vocab I just use google images.
It´s as simple as that.
Hope it helps.

2 Nov 2009     

reeta1
Canada

earbuds are the things you stick in your ears to listen to music. They ´re on MP3 Players and those other weird sound machines teenagers are surgically attached to. When I was a kid, I ´d call them headphones.

2 Nov 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Earbuds are a more recent and smaller version of headphones or earphones.  Instead of being joined with a plastic arc over the head, they are connected via a wire to each other and an MP3 player.

It seems everything is getting smaller as technology advances.  I can ´t wait until I can log onto ESL Printables from my glasses!!!Tongue

By the way, here in the USA we call the cotton swabs used to clean ears "Q-tips" from the brand name.

2 Nov 2009     

fsams
Maldives

Hey Zoe, sounds very interesting :) You brought a smile on my face Smile. Do gimme your glasses one day :)

Love
Fsams

2 Nov 2009