Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How hard it is to apply for a job!    

How hard it is to apply for a job!

Urpi
Peru

How hard it is to apply for a job!

Hi: I want to share my experience when appliying for a job, well I passed the written examination,(it was a one hour exam about grammar, vocabulary, and a written essay) I said to myself this is it ! it was not as difficult as I had expected Well as usual they tell you they �ll call you, then they did so I was so happy the next step was a personal interview in English which I passed after that I had another interview with human resourses which I also passed. Then I had a psicotechnique examination that for me was horrible and unexpected. Too litle time for so many exercises there were about 30 or 35 domino figures to to in 5 minutes and so on, the exam lasted about 2 hours. To be honest I feel a little bit frustated, and I am just telling this in order that we have to be prepared not only in English issues, but in everything because it doesn �t matter how good your English skills are but also and not least important are the social and mental skills. I think the laboral competence is getting more difficult in times of crisis.

3 Nov 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Yeah, and all that for an underpaid, under appreciated job too!
Go figure!!! Wacko

3 Nov 2009     

Neda
Argentina

Well my dear,don �t fell so bad...  in Argentina it �s no the same, it happens that I have "fellow" who don �t have any single degree in English.....I mean they are no teachers of English.

3 Nov 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

I agree with Neda, my "fellows" are a Maths teacher, aEconomics teacher a Biology teacher and a translator. I �m the only English teacher, but I �m the only one who can lose her job because I �m not TITULAR. It �s really sad! Thumbs Down And the worst thing is that some of them don �t know anything about english contents and teaching, so students don �t have english classes!!!

3 Nov 2009