Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Work in a workshop    

Work in a workshop

lovinglondon
Spain

Work in a workshop

Hi everybody!!!
I have a doubt and hope you can give me some ideas....Let �s see...I �m the coordinator of a workshop about "practical English". This is adressed to my colleagues at work (teachers as me). Not all of them can speak English fluently (as they haven �t studied English for ages!). I �m going to teach them practical English (hotel sentences, restaurant sentences, how to ask for adresses and so on) and I have already the material. I just hope this workshop sessions are basically oral and practical. My doubt comes because they have to make a work to certificate 4 non-on site sessions. What do you suggest?? What type of job would be good for them to do?? They haven �t got a lot of time outside the secondary school as most of them have family!
Thank you in advance...and sorry for this silly doubt, but I �ve been thinking about this several days and I don �t come to a end!
THANK YOU

3 Nov 2009      

cagreis
Portugal

As your workshop seems to be based on oral practice I suggest the following:

1. They could write down very simple dialogues (for example ordering a meal in a restaurant...) and then record their voices. This could be even done in pairs. There �s an excellent programme to do this. It �s called AUDACITY and you can download it for free from the Internet.

or

2. Same as before, but this time they could video tape a roleplay. They could even use their mobiles - it �s easy and fast.

3 Nov 2009     

Martharamirez
Colombia

Try www.voxopop.com. You could ask them to open an account and record something as a discussion.

Try it out.

4 Nov 2009     

lovinglondon
Spain

Thank you!!! I will try those sites!!

4 Nov 2009