Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Is it safe to buy in Amazon.com or e-bay.com WITH PAYPAL???    

Is it safe to buy in Amazon.com or e-bay.com WITH PAYPAL???

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Is it safe to buy in Amazon.com or e-bay.com WITH PAYPAL???

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I would like to hear your experiences because i have forever wanted to buy books or stuff in general at these sites but i �m really afraid of getting cheatted.

So, i would like to hear from people who have bought in these places to share their experience with me ;)

THANS FOR YOUR COMMENtS IN ADVANCE....

ALDANA

4 Nov 2009      

fsams
Maldives

Amazon is safe! But ebay, it depends on the trustworthiness of the supplier.

I would advise you to go for Amazon.com

For electronics the best for me is www.bhphotovideo.com

4 Nov 2009     

colibrita
United Kingdom

I have a cybercard from my bank for shopping online and use it all the time for Amazon.

It �s a virtual credit card which you top up from your bank account. So imagine I put 100 euros on it, it will only allow me to spend up to that amount. Therefore should someone try to use my credit card number fraudulently for anything over that amount the operation wouldn �t work. It �s a great idea and gives you peace of mind. I �m not sure that many banks offer this service yet though, despite the fact so many people are fearful of buying online.

4 Nov 2009     

foreign
Slovenia

I �ve bought lots of books from Amazon.com and never had any problems. I think they are really good. I used my Mastercard.

4 Nov 2009     

Zora
Canada

I use Amazon all the time and I love it. My sister is a big fan of e-bay and I can only say that she has never had any problems yet with the sellers there.

Smile

4 Nov 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

All my firends who live in the States like it and trust Amazon.com. So unfair Amazon shipping to Russia is expensive, but I still have to order something from this website as some books I need can only be bought from that website. As for credit card info I never heard there can be any cheating with Amazon.com, they have a good reputation. But make sure your PC is clean from any viruses. 

4 Nov 2009     

carinaluc
Argentina

I �ve been a regular Amazon.com customer for 10 years and I �ve never had any problems so far.

Carina

4 Nov 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Yes... me too.... though I  haven �t bought anything lately... it got too expensive for me ... �cause of the difference in our currency...

4 Nov 2009     

chiaras
Italy

I �ve bought a lot of books from Amazon.de and Amazon.uk and have never had any problems. Never tried Amazon.com, but I suppose it �s ok too.
Chiara

4 Nov 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Same here: I �ve used amazon.com  and amazon.ca and I �ve never had any problems with them when I used my credit card.

4 Nov 2009     

inglesaenmadrid
Spain

I use amazon.co.uk all the time paying by mastercard and have never had any problems whatsoever.

4 Nov 2009