Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > New words/grammar structure    

New words/grammar structure

Nana Lins
Brazil

New words/grammar structure

Hello everyone.
Today I started a new thread about how should students keep track of the new vocabulary, expressions or grammar topics they learn every class and I got very interesting suggestions. Thank you all for that. However, I still need some help about that, once my students are required (by the school) to have a notebook or a binder to take notes in class. A while ago someone in this wonderful site suggested dividing the notebook into sections but I don �t remember much of this information. If you have any ideas how this works I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

5 Nov 2009      

Martharamirez
Colombia

Well, another good idea is to ask student �s to have a little notebook just for vocabulary, so, say, you �re students are learning about house vocab, and they write in their little notebook "house vocabulary" and write the vocab they don �t know. Then when they learn about food vocabulary, they write Food Vocabulary as a title and write more unknown vocab.

5 Nov 2009     

puddyd
Oman

Hi there, another good idea is to get the students to use a small address book to record their new words or if they use a file for notes I get them to use a vocab log. I haven �t checked the size of the worksheet, but if you PM me your email I can fwd you a copy of the lesson I do together with the worksheet. Anyone else who is interested in it can also PM me your email and I �ll do the same for you. Have a super weekend...yep it �s ours in the Gulf, Wed to Friday ;o)

5 Nov 2009     

[email protected]
United States

My students divide their notebooks by a sheet into a triangle with the page still intact, then labeling their triangle.  If notebooks in Brazil are like the notebooks in Peru, it should be pretty easy.

Color coding the edges also works...pink for vocab....blue for grammar...green for expressions

Use sticky notes to make tabs.

These are easy and cheap...

Bom sorte!

6 Nov 2009