Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Document Size    

Document Size

monicaviseu
Portugal

Document Size

Hi!

Could you help me?
How can I reduce the size of a document?
Is there a special programme?

Thanks in advance

5 Nov 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

If you �re using clipart, pics, borders or backgrounds, never just copy paste them from the internet. Save them to your pc and then format them in some of the free pic software programmes. I always use Irfanview, which is free to download and very simple to use. You open a pic in it, click on image, reduce the size (just type in the left box which displays a number regarding size- try several to see what you need, but about 200 is quite enough for a pic), and then go back and click on image and sharpen and then save the pic as it is. Irfanview has the copy paste option which you can then use - copy the image (reduced as it is) and paste it into your word doc or ppt. From then on you can move it around normally and place it where you wish. (Afterwards you can delete the pics from your pc, so as not to clog your pc with too many images.) Believe me - if you placed only one picture in your ws which is about 700KB large, and you reduce it as I suggested, you can cut it down to the size of e. g. 35KB, and that considerably changes the size of your doc. Good luck!

5 Nov 2009     

fede117
Italy

Thanks a lot Anitarobi, I didn �t know about this program and I find it absolutely fantastic! you made my day! :-)

5 Nov 2009