Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Private Messenger (Saved Messages)    

Private Messenger (Saved Messages)

Pinky Makus
Canada

Private Messenger (Saved Messages)

Have some of your messages been deleted by the system lately?  I had about 18 pages of saved messages and now suddenly I have only 4 pages.  I wonder if an error allowed me to have so many messages in the first place...

Check your messages.  If you have some important information there make sure you save it in another place.

Pinky

6 Nov 2009      

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Pinky!
Well, some days ago my ten pages of messages disappeared all of a sudden and I was left with only one (the newest). Unfortunately I hadn �t saved anything. Unhappy
Stella

6 Nov 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Pinky

Most my pms were deleted too but that happened around 3 weeks ago.

I did lose very important information =( so I recommend to save important messages in another place

6 Nov 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello dear Pinky,

The same happened with me. I lost about 20 saved pages . I think it �s the way the system works here. I really felt sorry for losing very important stuff , and regretted not garnering them aside.

Take care, Pinky!!!
Hugs,
Nebal

6 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

I still have 7 - weird that the amount is different for everyone.
Barbara

6 Nov 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

My messages have been deleted too... about 3 weeks ago. I don�t know if all boxes have been cleared out, but a few people told me that the same happened to theirs. I guess it�s the best for the server! I was also saving stuff there, it�s a mistake of course! Thanks for the advice, Pinky... I came to the same conclusion, but it�s good that people know about it.

6 Nov 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

Probably a cut off date, which is why it is different for everyone.  I, too, lost most of my messages and some important info.Cry
Definitely a good idea to save info that you want to keep.

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

6 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

It says, on the left side of your messages:

Private messeger:

All messages will be deleted after 5 days

Although this is not the case - the possibility is still there that messages will be deleted.

6 Nov 2009     

Kohaku
Japan

Mine were there much longer than 5 days as well. Now some have disappeared. I wish I had backed them up!! Shocked

6 Nov 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

MIne, too. I did read the warning on the left that they get deleted after some days, but since they hadn �t for  long time, I got used to having them there. But I guess perhaps they take up a lot of space...

6 Nov 2009