Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Why only doc worksheets?    

Why only doc worksheets?

RACHE
Spain

Why only doc worksheets?

Hi everybody, I �m new here and I �m looking forward to share my material with you. I have nice and useful worksheets to share. The problem is that I work with Corel Draw, because things are nicer with this programme and more attractive to students than with Word (but I could see that you make wonderful things with Word, it must be I don �t know how to use it!). The problem is I tried to change some of my worksheets to .doc so that I could share them but there must have been a problem and now they are here but illegible, so useless. My question is: I can understand that perhaps Corel is difficult for some people, but why can �t I upload PDF workshhets? That way I �m sure there wouldn �t be any problem! I want to join this wonderful site, but I �ve been trying for a couple of years and I find it impossible to share my material!
Please help me, can I send PDF printables? If not, can I suggest you Victor to include PDF documents also?
Tnaks in advance!

6 Nov 2009      

victor
Spain

Hello,

I also like Corel Draw.
You can try to export your document as image, and then you can insert the image in a word document.
The problem is that it won �t be editable. But that is better than nothing.

Victor

6 Nov 2009     

RACHE
Spain

Thanks a lot Victor for your quick reply. First I would like to CONGRATULATE you on the wonderful site you �ve created. It �s been a couple of years since I discovered it. I suppose it �s been long years of hard work, but finally look what you �ve created! You deserve the greatest teaching prize ever, honestly.
As I said I keep using Corel Draw because I �m helpless with Word, I can �t imagine ho people do these wonderful things with Word. Anyway, I �ll tray some way or other, I �ll try again what you just suggested, though I already tried once and I couldn �t upload the stuff.
May I suggest that we could upload PDF fles also? I know then they won �t be editable, but perhaps some people might be interested.
TRhanks again and thank you for your reply!
And congrtulations again!

6 Nov 2009     

zemi-san
Canada

Hello friends,

I think PDFs can not be really editable and will be useless for more people.

They are only like a nice pictures.

Usually PDFs are used to save copyright and avoid copying.

So far people will try to fix their hard jobs to avoid any-any-any copying.

It would be very good trick but.... not for all users. :):):) (^__^)

6 Nov 2009