Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > 118 downloads!!!    

118 downloads!!!

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Jessica,
the problem is that some people just don �t care whether the ws is stolen or not. And some of them don �t read the comments before downloading. There should be some sign right next to the ws so everybody can see it was stolen.
But I �m afraid thives there always will be thieves - unfortunately. Confused

6 Nov 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

I agree with Jessica, something should be done, perhaps there are people who don �t care, but there are also people who care, I �m sure, it �s just they trust the creator oof the worksheet to be genuinely his/her.

PERSONALLYAND BEING PRACTICAL, I THINK SOMETHING MUST BE DONE, RATHER THAN NOTHING AND A WHOLE THREAD OF COMPLAINTS.

6 Nov 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

Dear colleagues,
I keep reading about  stolen worksheets day after day and I just wonder (without meaning that I am not mistaken) are you sure that it �s not the author herself / himself who does this to get extra points? How can we check that?
I have no intention to offend anyone, but it just occured me.

6 Nov 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Maybe banning IPs would help a bit.
It is true that many people here use more than one computer, but...it could help discourge some...

6 Nov 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I know it is really frustrating but at least with the new moderating system the worksheet will be deleted and the points taken away...
However, and I have written this before... It really is a sad state of affairs when people just don �t care that they are downloading a stolen worksheet. This for me is just as upsetting as the people who actually steal it in the first place. I can understand that newbies sometimes would not check the comments first, but it only takes a second to check the comments to see if it has been flagged as stolen by someone. It sad that some are so selfish and greedy that they think that by being anonymous then it really does not matter.
I really don �t know what a workable solution would be...

6 Nov 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Vicky, I see your point, I never thought about it this way I must admit, and it �s very sharp of you...

... but...

why would Vanda with 171 thousand points do something like that?..

6 Nov 2009     

victor
Spain

Well, I �m planning a solution for this and other problems:

- When a worksheet is reported, it wont be available for download until it is reviewed by the moderators. If it is not definitely removed, it will be added again to the recent contributions (the following day).
- If someone abuses the reporting system, they will not be allowed to report again.
- If someone uploads copied worksheets three times, their account will be cancelled.

I need time for all these changes, but I think that the community will be better then.

6 Nov 2009     

Katiana
Spain

A couple of weeks ago I sent Victor a pm with the following proposal to stop this growing problem of people stealing other member�s worksheets, especially Vanda�s. I�ll try to explain now what my proposal was.

Quite a lot of moderators take a long time every day checking the new contributions to spot possible stolen wss. We usually report the ws and also write a DO NOT DOWNLOAD comment warning the rest of members that the ws is stolen.

Once a moderator spots a stolen ws I think the ws should be blocked, so no other members can download it on purpose or by accident. Once the worksheet is in the report page, moderators will have to decide if it should stay or be removed. If the ws was reported unfairly then it should become active the following day, keeping all the points it might have got before being reported. The great difference this system would make is that the original author of the stolen ws would not have to see how the points his/her worksheet got before being deleted, go nowhere.

I know there might be some members who report wss just for jealousy or revenge. So I think Victor should also ban those members if they report unfairly. I also believe members should have at least 100 points to be able to report wss and only moderators should be allowed to block stolen wss.

That was my proposal. I would really appreciate if you gave me your opinion.

Big hugs.

Katiana

6 Nov 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I think that �s a super idea, Katiana and Victor that sounds very fair.Smile
I �m sure these improvements will make the site better for everyone!!
Hugs,
Fiona.

6 Nov 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

Dear Lana,
I am sorry if I was misunderstood. I was definitely not referring to Vanda. It was just a question that occured to me and never meant to offend Vanda in any way. Sorry, I should have thought it more carefully before posting.

6 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >