Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Oposiciones for primary schools in Spain    

Oposiciones for primary schools in Spain

WestHampstead
Spain

Oposiciones for primary schools in Spain

Hello!
I don �t know if I can make this question here but I would be very grateful if someone could give me some help about oposiciones in Spain.
I �m thinking about preparing oposiciones for primary schools, do you know if with a licenciatura I can sit for the exam? where can I find info about the topics, requirements,etc? when is the next exam going to be?

THANKS

7 Nov 2009      

liverpuliana
Spain

I think you can sit the exam if you are licenciado, although I �m not 100 per cent sure.
The exams take place every year in June-July, or every other year, depending on which Comunidad you go to. I work in Secundaria in Alicante. In Comunidad valenciana is every year, but in Murcia, where I live is every other year. Some Comunidades have their own language "requisitos". For instance in Valencia you have to prove you speak valenciano to be able to sit the exam.
I can �t help concerning topics and that. I passed mine 12 years ago and I �m not very switched on. I suppose the best thing is to have a look at the convocatorias from previous years. Look for them on the Internet.
Good luck!!!

7 Nov 2009     

WestHampstead
Spain

Thank you for your time!

7 Nov 2009     

gabrielaalonso9
Spain

If you have a licenciatura you cann �t sit the state exams. I am completely sure. I am a Secondary English teacher, but I am also stuying Primary. I passed my state exam and got my post for life four years ago.

Regarding the topics, I would suggest that you go to an academy. The best one, in my opinion, is in Sevilla. If you are interested in knowing the name write a private message to me (I don �t know if I can say it here or not). I can also give you the name of the best teacher.

Good luck!!!

7 Nov 2009