Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I NEED YOUR TIPS :)    

I NEED YOUR TIPS :)

JUANBEGI
Spain

I NEED YOUR TIPS :)

Morning to everybody. First of all, I don �t intend by any means you to download it. I need your tips on how to improve this worksheet. Though it was awarded the best worksheet in a Spanish group work last year, I still think this MASTERPIECE could even be presented in a better way. Can you please help me?

8 Nov 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I think it �s a fine WS.

I found some small things, though.
We usually say "In the background" not at the background"

Another thing is, that you should delete the Spanish on page 2.
Only Spanish speaking teachers can use this and it is really against the rules here.
All worksheets have to be in English.

I �m not sure what others do, but we Americans usually say
"look at the picture, in the left hand corner.
and last:
page 4 is empty.

Hope this helps
L

8 Nov 2009     

JUANBEGI
Spain

Thank you, very helpful as always. Have a good Sunday

8 Nov 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

Erm, if this is a masterpiece, I wonder what to call some of the better worksheets on this site... I think the number of downloads is the best way to gauge a worksheet �s quality. I found the yellow background and border somewhat irritating, and some of the language mistakes (e.g. IN the right corner, you can CHECK?). Sorry for being a killjoy.

8 Nov 2009     

cristinasuma
Spain

The number of downloads is pretty good, considering that the topic is not one that teachers use in class very often. (I love art myself but most of my students consider that "The Simpsons" is art).

Most of the people on the site basically download grammar material (I think there must be about 10,000 worksheets on the present simple/present continuous). People keep downloading the same old things, mainly. Although some people (I include myself here)  love to find something original from time to time.

People also like to download worksheets with lots of exercises on the same page (to save photocopies I suppose). Be really careful with grammar mistakes (although again, I have downloaded many worksheets with lots of them. You always have to chek)

And, by the way, praising yourself saying that your worksheet is a "Masterpiece"  is not a good way to "sell" your work. Have a look at Frenchfrog material to see what a masterpiece looks like,

Hope this will help

8 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi,
I �m sorry I hadn �t seen this. I commented on the worksheet.
I  think the idea is very nice.
 I dislike people who can �t say things in a better tone or way. Those words sound so RUDE -->(PhilipR) your words sound agressive.
JuanBegi .............Don �t pay attention to these spitful people.

I think that some of the sentences should be written in the past, as Seurat
has already died.

The spanish should be deleted and maybe use english definitions to do the matching instead of translating.
You could add activities to make the most of the paintings using more of present continuous to describe people�s actions. (I saw you used this  but maybe you could exploit the structure and the paintings even more)

I think the yellow background could be changed..but that can be taken off by the downloaders. That depends on each personal tastes, in my opinion. 

Ps: I personally dislike the Simpsons (which doesn�t mean I don�t use or talk about them in class) but it�s a good idea and students like them.

8 Nov 2009