Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A little suggestion, please     

A little suggestion, please

Copa
Italy

A little suggestion, please

Hi to everybody!
I �m a young Italian teacher. Since in Italy you can teach in different schools (You have to reach 18 hours of work) I actually work in two of them. Now one of them asked me to teach in more classes, so I have to leave the other school. BUT! But I have a wonderful relationship with my students and I �d like to tell them that I have to leave their classes without hurting them.
Have you any suggestions?!
Has it happened to you something similar?!

Thanks in advance! :D

9 Nov 2009      

reddburns
Philippines

Which is which?.... If you �re a family man,of course you �ll go where the big pay is.. �bout your students, there �s nothing you can do �bout it-you have to earn for your family (if you are a family man)... you really have to choose-sometimes.

9 Nov 2009     

maestrafrancy
Italy

Hi Copa,
I �m an Italian teacher too. I can �t understand why you have to leave your job: are you a supply teacher? Are you teaching in two schools with less than 18 hours a week?
I can help you more if I understand your situation.

Ciao.

9 Nov 2009     

dareka1
Japan

I know the same feeling. I have an adult class where the students have chosen and stayed with me for three years. I have to get another job from January because there isn �t enough work out there to make good money (the class I �m teaching is okay money but because the other job is full-time, I won �t be able to teach it anymore....). I �m going to feel really bad when I tell them......

9 Nov 2009     

Copa
Italy

Thanks to all for your suggestions and support.

@ReddBurns I �m not really a family man... since 1) I �m a woman 2) I have no family at the moment! :-)

@ MaestraFrancy
Ciao! :D Yep! I�m a supply teacher. In the first school I taught for 10 hours. In the second one for 5 hours. Now the first school asked me to teach to other two classes. So I�d have more than 18 hours. Impossible! L Moreover the two timetables would overlap, even more since I have another job too. I hope to have been clearer now. Thanks to you too for the help! ;-)

@Dareka I completely understand you too! I feel like a betrayer! :-(

9 Nov 2009     

julianbr
Italy

I too work in the Italian state system .. but I think the problem is a more universal one .. no? ..

All I can say is that the next teacher will win the students over and carry on where you left off .. it �s a sad part of the job .. I have met so many wonderful people through teaching just to say goodbye to them at the end of the course ..  I think a teacher needs to harden to it as part of the job .. 

You need to earn money at the end of the day ... unless teaching is your hobby, of course ..

regards, Julian ..  

9 Nov 2009     

reddburns
Philippines

Ah ok..haha. sorry �bout that, i just wish u all d best.

9 Nov 2009     

Copa
Italy

Yep Julian I �m sure that the next teacher will be wonderful, nonetheless I �m maybe a little bit sad.

ReddBurns... Ahaha! Don �t worry! :D

10 Nov 2009