Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ideas for .......?????    

ideas for .......?????

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

ideas for .......?????

hello everybody

i need help

i need some ideas to make project for english languge

i don �t know how to explain it

in each academic year each subject has to make a kind of project ( teachers who teach that  subject have to work on their project and they will involve the students in it)

this project can be for one week / a month / first semester or the second semester

examples:

math teachers ( i knew the tittle of their project only " the math in my life"

arabic teachers ( their project is " how beautiful is my language"

i knew some projects like " spelling bee / one word a day "

these projects are repeatitive

i need new ideas please 

by the way am teaching grade 4 ( UAE parade ) boys (9-10) years old

help me please Embarrassed

thanks in advanced

11 Nov 2009      

mr.abraham
Saudi Arabia

ummmm, I recommend you to search about Using Groups in teaching. Actually that �s was my presentation 1 week ago...and all the doctors and audience liked the idea . I got high mark for that in return. May God help you with your project.

Best of LuckSmile

11 Nov 2009     

natalli
Belarus

It would be good to ask the students you are going to work with! The children often have priceless and totally unique ideas! Ask them what their special interests are and move forward from this point. The value of the project is in its practical meaning. For example, in our school there was a project about tre quality of water in different places. It was useful to learn where the water is cleaner. Use your and your students � imagination!!! Good luck!!!!� �

11 Nov 2009     

tilak
United Kingdom

It would be better if you do a team building project. Give them a task for example constructing a hut for a farmer. Delegate the task to various individual or pairs if your class strength is big. Or you can just give them the final target - in this case it will be the hut. It will be up to the learners how they complete the task. This project will best work if you take them to a field where they can collect necessary things to construct a hut like woods and leaves.  Pre teach the vocabularies needed and motivate them- may be by giving out a price to the best group at the end of the project. Or drive this idea to another similar project which is feasible in your area.

Good Luck!

11 Nov 2009     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

Unhappy

11 Nov 2009     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

What about preparing a short fairytale for younger pupils?

11 Nov 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi Glamorous,

Some time ago I did a project based on the children�s idea of their perfect park. the project is on MES English and the link is;

www.mes-english.com/vkeypals/perfectpark.php

I didn�t submit the project but you can submit it to an international key pals type page.

Enjoy.

11 Nov 2009