Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Lack of support for my current printables    

Lack of support for my current printables

avidrox
Spain

Lack of support for my current printables

Hello everyone,

I �d like to express my disappointment regarding the lack of support which my last work is getting so far. Somehow I feel that it is unfair to have burnt the midnight oil for ten days in a row to be receiving very little support at the moment.

It is something hard to digest.

I think I won �t do it again. I know that nobody asked for this Thanksgiving game, but on the hand it feels right to attain a deserved reward for your efforts. I can see now that it doesn �t work that way.

I guess the next word that comes to my mind is "Nevermind"...

Have a nice day,
Avidrox

12 Nov 2009      

cauffeypot
Albania

how can we help?

12 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Please, don �t take it too personal. It �s difficult to predict other people �s taste and needs. Prepare wss for your students and share here, if many people were teaching the same, you �d get many downloads.

The number of downloads reflects the number of people who are teaching the same, or who have similar ideas, and not a judgment on your work.

The same happens to me many times, when it takes too much time and effort to prepare a ws, it seems people are not interested and it gets only few downloads.

Don �t feel discouraged, keep sharing because your work will be always helpful to someone.

Have a nice day!

12 Nov 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with Zailda. This happened to me too. You can �t expect 100 downloads on every documents you upload. Most of us here spend long hours on our printables. I �ve had some that were downloaded only 10 times (or less). It �s fine with me. I can �t force someone to use my material and it does not mean my printable was not good.

edit: just saw you post ladybird. Totally agree with you too!

12 Nov 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Dear Alfonso,

I see you have made a lot of beautiful worksheets and ppts which have been downloaded a decent number of times!
What is bothering you? Why are you piqued? No "thank you �s"?
That �s a common issue here, so many people, besides you, have not received any sign of gratitude for their marvellous work! Some visitors here just take and take and take...

Don �t expect too much! Keep on doing a good job!

12 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hey - it �s not Thanksgiving yet - and not all of us download a good worksheet just because it �s free.
I download lots of stuff that cost points, when I need it.

I saw your game and thought, I �ll download that next week because I was busy with another project. Your game might even be downloaded a bit each day. Who knows?

As Zailda wrote, we all make worksheets and there are thousands of them here.
Someone will need your work and some won �t, but that �s how it works here.
So don �t take it personally.

Besides, each and every member is not here every single day.
Some see stuff on the day it is uploaded and some see it later.

Best wishes
L

12 Nov 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Dear Avidrox
Please stop advertising your own work in the forum. Don �t you know it �s against the rules here?

Stella

12 Nov 2009     

Zora
Canada

Okay, I am not usually one for making snide remarks... BUT I personally think that this is a really, roundabout way of advertising. Complain about a worksheet and everybody will rush to take a look at it.

Sort of reminds me of when we had a member reporting their own work and then everybody was defending and downloading it.

We make work to share - not because of the points factor... my last worksheet got very few points.. am I here complaining to everybody? No, I was not.  My worksheet took me many hours to do because everything on it is original except the clipart...

You should also realise that not everybody uses Thanksgiving material. Did you know that in Canada, we celebrate in October and not November???

12 Nov 2009     

avidrox
Spain

Thank you all for your answers.

Ladybird, I �m not complaining in an annoying way (that is the meaning of whinging) but being assertive (expressing my opinion with confidence).

I hope that you too have a nice day,
Avidrox

12 Nov 2009     

avidrox
Spain

Dear Ladybird,

You are just wrong.

I have NEVER shown up on the forum complaining about a low number of downloads.
My opinion shouldn �t be bothering you that much.

12 Nov 2009     

avidrox
Spain

Dear Baiba,

It goes without saying that I �m proud to belong to this fantastic community.
I just wanted to express an opinion not to advertise my work. That �s all.

Have a nice day

12 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >