Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > help, please!    

help, please!

karaa
Turkey

help, please!

Hi there!
I am a newcomer and I have uploaded just two worksheets for now! But,  I wonder why the prewiev doesnt display the format that I originally used in my Worksheets!  

12 Nov 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

if you use special fonts, you should EMBED the fonts...
if you use clipart + textboxes + pictures, you should GROUP them...
Please search for tutorial about EMBEDDING + GROUPING in your mother tongue, the terms used in MS Win are various...

Hope it helps...

12 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I suggest you put the text in textboxes, and them click on pictures and (at the image tools) select the position to "in front of the text", so it �ll be easier to move them.

When you �re done with placing it at the correct position, click on one of them, press "ctrl" and click on every picture, then (on the image tools box) select "group".

Do the same with the textboxes and at the end you �ll have two "big" objects: the textboxes and the pictures. Click on one, repeat the process clicking the other. Now the objects on your document won �t move again.

Use only regular fonts (Arial, Trebuchet, Verdana, etc) that any computer has. If you embed fonts the document will be heavier and you may face a different problem.

Hope it helps.

12 Nov 2009     

karaa
Turkey

I am grateful to  you for your precious advice and help! I did it in the way you told me! I also change the font into Verdana! lets see if it has made any difference :)

12 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Please note you can UPDATE the uploaded worksheet...
Just go to the ws and click on "update this printable" and the new edited version...

12 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

As I saw you deleted the ws, as moravc said you have to "update" and send the new version. It �s too late now, but you can send it again.

13 Nov 2009     

karaa
Turkey

As I said, I am a recruit!Smile I need time to learn or to be taught :) Yeah, I tried to reupload it but it is in the maintanence mode now and I �ll try again soon... By the way, I finally got my points bu not many hehe!

13 Nov 2009     

karaa
Turkey

It worked! Thanks a lot dear friends! What a nice site with nice people!

13 Nov 2009