Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me solve this activity.... please!.    

Help me solve this activity.... please!.

Samantha.esl
Italy

Help me solve this activity.... please!.

I �ve downloaded this printable a long time ago and I �ve been trying to identy the names of the buildings using the �falling letters and I can �t. So I haven �t been able to use it in class yet.
I �ve tried sending a pm to the author and it seems the messages are not sent.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=11193#thetop

thank you.

13 Nov 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Well, yesterday we had a member with similar problem on the forum.

I looked at the game you are trying to figure out, but won �t even try - I �m terrible at this sort of games. I once prepared a wordsearch for my elementary ss with numbers from zero to ten and forgot to save the keys. Can you believe I struggled with it for a week and couldn �t find all numbers? And that was because I have chosen "the easiest one". My elementary ss are always fast finding the answers, but I can �t risk.

IMHO when people upload games it �s necessary to include the keys, because some of us (including me, of course) are completely unable to find the answers without getting absolutely crazy.

Thanks to all the generous and smart members who always provide them!

13 Nov 2009     

teresaraiva
Portugal

My dear Samantha

This activity is a scanned from the book English Puzzles 1 by Doug Case, page 12. As I have the book I can also give you the key:

1. Cinema
2. Restaurant
3. Bank
4. Hotel
5. Swimming pool
6. Bookshop
7. School
8. Post office
9. Supermarket
1o. Newsagent

Easy, see?!

Kisses
Teresa

13 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you dear Teresa!

Well, I thought something was wrong with it.. but I didn �t have any proofs to report it.
I download it some time ago and when I had it in my computer I thought ..and now? which are the answers..
They were simple.. but I have the same problem with .. I �m not good at solving letter soups they just make me feel dizzy.. but my students love them.. So at first glance I thought this was a lovely B&W worksheet.. now I �ve changed my mind! It �s incomplete and stolen..:(

13 Nov 2009