Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Organizing your worksheets    

Organizing your worksheets

aksjomaty
Poland

Organizing your worksheets

Hello dear Teachers,
I �ve got a question for you - how do you organize your worksheets and other teaching materials?
Do you group them by level, age of students, skill, function, student �s book they go with, grammar point, topic, vocabulary?
I �ve got a problem with that, I mean they very often fall into more than one category, right?
I �ve managed to collect huge amount of material so far, but it �s rather a mess right now, so I �m looking for some efficient "storage method" :)
How do you handle your collection?
Looking forward to hearing your tips :)
Hugs from foggy Poland :)

17 Nov 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I have my things in main folders and sub-folders:

Grammar

and under that I have sub-folders for:
verbs, adverbs, adjectives etc.

I also have folders for:
games
informative worksheets (by category)
Ecology
Violence
Identities - etc

Vocabulary learning:
The House
Classroom
Family
Furniture
Pets - etc.

Reading materials
Writing materials
Essay ideas
Teaching ideas

Working with Word Program

and many more.

But most important I save all the Wss by title and with the author �s name.

17 Nov 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I just print out the WSs I need to use in class and then put them in a few folders I have according to their purpose :) But in my computer it can take me ages to find �that WS by this author � and sometimes I first find this WS here on the site then look at the date it was uploaded and then look through all the WSs I downloaded on that exact date :) Usually I find...if not - I just download it again.
Though a few months ago I used the same mehtod as libertybelle �s and have some of the worksheets saved by title and name of the author.

17 Nov 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

i have a messssss....in my PC..a have FOLDERS..named...if i need something sometimes i USE..SEaRCh..

17 Nov 2009     

SaraMariam
United States

I use the same method with main folders and subfolders, sometimes even subsubfolders to be more precise since my collection is growing and it �s not always easy to find the exact ws that i wanted; e.g. house - rooms - batgroom - furniture / house - rooms - bathroom - objects. I like to keep the dates of the ws; sicne sometimes I find a part 2 missing; so i can search again on the site to find it:)

17 Nov 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi friends

I am a kind of organized being, I hate things out of place.
This means that I AM ALWAYS STRESSED ; BECAUSE I NEVER MANAGE WHAT I WANT.

Anyway, in my computer I have a folder for my 5th form and another for my sixthies. Inside each one , I have folders according:
main vocabulary
grammar and sub folders on different items
festivities
clipart (and zillions of subfolders )
games
planning
inside each folder I have tons of documents

I also have the author´s name in each printable, well, not all exactly, the first ones I downloaded I didn´´t take note, but now , I always download the printable with its original name and the author´s name.

I also have some folders from our big, big stars, here in ESL

But I keep on looking for a better way to organize all this stuff!!!! NOT EASY!!!!

Hope I have helped, but. my opinion, probably not.

Not the right place to write this, even so, excuse me. let me say a BIG hello to my dear Saraamiriam. Hope everything is ok with you, big hug to Sara

Hugs to all of you
linda

18 Nov 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi! Smile

I organize the worksheets by putting them into folders by subject and grammar items. Like this:

- house
- food
- adjectives
- conditionals
- clothes
- simple present
- simple past

Then I have some folders with the grades where I put special worksheets that I am sure I will use because they are very very good and useful and because they are exactly what I will need in the future.

- 6th form
- 7th form
- 8th form
- Secondary

I also organize them by their names and sometimes I add the author´s name.

18 Nov 2009     

aksjomaty
Poland

Thank you so much for all replies :)
Cheers from not-so-cold-and-ugly-today Poland :)

18 Nov 2009