Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Revision    

Revision

szamoca
Hungary

Revision

Dear Colleagues,
How do you revise with your Ss? I would like to collect some good tips for revision. I usually like to revise after every second or third unit but this year I �m teaching from a book which has got revision only after six lessons. I usually revise vocabulary and grammar with games and grammar Ws.I feel I ran out of ideas. Can you suggest ways to revise units? I would appreciate ideas with a minimum preparation using only the book, board and chalk.
szamoca

17 Nov 2009      

Tatyana83
Armenia

hi! cross and nolss game. insted of cross and noles you put WORDS-or VERBS-OR GRAMMAR ELEMENTS-DO-DID-WILL-COULD,,,students invent sentences- in teams ..you cross the word out. ...or draw "O"over the word.  well..that is a game..

one more drill..

i shoot them on my camera (photo-camera actually) make  small films with them. they should make the dialogue using the vocabulary, differents scenes..again from the unit...-USE any excersice or dialogue they �ve done..well..or each of them should prepare 2 minutes speach at home(you specify the topic you need- ) -GIVE them YOUR example. Next lesson...YOUR ARE FILM DIRECTOR..shoot the films...and either watch them together at the lesson..if you have dvd..or...send them the You-tube -link - THEY WILL BE INTERESTED ..be sure. AN it �s GREAT FUN and..MOTIVATION..when student see his or her result on the screen..you can disscuss some mistakes together .reward them afterwards )

THEY always get excited :) and like FILM LESSONS- at the end of EACH unit.

17 Nov 2009     

szamoca
Hungary

Thanks Tatyana, I �ll try the first one. The second one sounds good as well but it �s agains the rules. Camera needs permission. Good night!

18 Nov 2009