Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Present simple or continuous?    

Present simple or continuous?

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Ouch, I felt stupid before but now I feel absolutely down. Feel like I should have a look for a different  job...Cry

But as Zora is from Canada and I guess a native speaker (or is your 1st language French?), I will correct it and put present continuous instead.

Thank you all. Michaela

19 Nov 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Cheer up, Michaela! And remember, it is NOT your native language! How should you know everything?

19 Nov 2009     

Zora
Canada

Yes, I am a native speaker, from Western Canada actually, one of the English speaking parts of the country.

And don �t be sad. We all have days, where we don �t feel up to par. I live in Spain, and I do speak Spanish fluently but I do make mistakes still, and big ones sometimes... lol .. Nobody is perfect. Smile

19 Nov 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Michaela

Actually, you will find many native speakers who would say that even though pres. cont. is the grammatically correct form.  So don �t worry, English is an ever-changing language where the rules are becoming more and more flexible.

I use this page as a guide for my students:

Cheers

Jayho

19 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2