Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Growing number of worksheets... Do you go though all of them?    

Growing number of worksheets... Do you go though all of them?

JudyHalevi
Israel

Very interesting subject, and obviously a common problem.

1.  I only look at worksheets that have what I am looking for in the headline:  example:  Present Perfect.  I then look at the preview, if I see too many errors, I reject it.  One or two errors and attractive worksheet, I download. 

2.  I only download the worksheets that are needed for that days classes.  I know that tomorrow I will have an abundance of new worksheets.

3.  As soon as I have finished the lesson plans for that day, I stop.  I don �t have the time to continue to browse.

4.  If I am really in a hurry, I just go to the search engine and look that way.

5.  Is there any way that the worksheets could be sorted by categories?  That way, if you are looking for something for a 5 year old, you don �t have to wade through 600 worksheets.

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

20 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

As alien boy reminded, when you upload, there is this notice:
If nobody downloads your worksheets in a whole month, they will be automatically deleted.

But I have seen loads of wss old several months with no points and they are still here. So I think the mechanism isn �t working properly. Maybe we should spend some time looking for these wss and remove them? I don �t know what to do about it, but if these wss haven �t got any point for months they should be removed as the possibility someone will start to download them is 0.

Regards, Michaela

20 Nov 2009     

lyssipus
Greece

Hi fellow teachers,

I have  seen many similar worksheets reappear in a slightly different version. With the enormous overload  a worksheet tends to be downloaded only the first day. Apparently this makes people upload the �same � worksheet again and again.

It �s a pity that worksheets need to be flashy in order to get noticed.

greetings from Greece

20 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3