Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Teaching material for 3-5 year - olds ?    

Teaching material for 3-5 year - olds ?

moravc
Czech Republic

Teaching material for 3-5 year - olds ?

I have just bought a "suitcase" Hooked on English with 150 vocabulary cards, 9 audio CDs and 9 rather too simple/plain DVDs and 9 very simple books (few sentences + pics). + 9 workbooks, poster + plain number stickers... The price was quite reasonable CZK 400 (E 16).

Do you happen to know good teaching resources for very small children?
Do you know any good FUNNY cartoons for BEGINNERS aged 3-5 ???
Can you recommend any teaching materials with a guidebook
for PARENTS as well ?

20 Nov 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

The suitcase is really big and quite heavy - 5kg :-) But the content is not so big :-D Suitable for absolute beginners and 1-to-1 lessons. There are a bit plain drawings, but the pics are easy to understand...
If anyone needs this, try to contact your friends going to Prague. This English suitcase is sold in the chain of cheap bookstores called "Levn� knihy"
http://www.levneknihy.cz/DetailZbozi.aspx?z=70228

What is included:
* 9 interactive DVDs with over 11 hours of educational lessons and activities
* 9 colourful workbooks
* 9 audio CDs with lesson content and storybook audio
* 1 music CD with fun, catchy songs
* Library of 9 colourfully illustrated books - (pic + 1 sentence on 1 page)
* Over 150 flash cards
* Comprehensive parent�s guide - (VERY SHORT, no unique ideas :-(  )
* Progress posters and tons of stickers - (plain stickers with numbers only :-(  )
http://usreadingsolutions.com/games.htm
Units 1-3 --- Let�s Go to School!, Let�s Go Home!, Units 4-6 --- Let�s Count!
Let�s Find shapes, animals, Let�s Eat!, Units 7-9 --- Let�s Go Places!, Let�s Go Out! - Clothes, Body

20 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hope you don �t find this inappropriate message... I don �t work for this company and I am not that fond of this teaching material... I just thought someone might find it interesting and maybe cheap...

Where can I buy a set of MANY (HUNDREDS) of vocabulary cards suitable for little kids???
Can you recommend me some, please?

20 Nov 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

What you bought sounds like excellent value for money. Unfortunately not available in China - btw, shipping will probably cost a multiple of the price :-(

20 Nov 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

Dear Moravc,
I think the safest and easiest way is to create your flashcards. Just choose the pictures that represent the vocabulary you want to teach, use the MS WORD to create your flashcards, print them and cut them. Little kids appreciate anything that you offer them - it doesn �t matter if the cards are not the polished ready-made ones.

20 Nov 2009