Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for lesson needed (and listenings for advanced students, e.g. an American and a British person talking to each other)    

Ideas for lesson needed (and listenings for advanced students, e.g. an American and a British person talking to each other)

11Alex11
Germany

Ideas for lesson needed (and listenings for advanced students, e.g. an American and a British person talking to each other)

Hey,

first of all, I have to say that this website (including its forum) is really good. You �re all really helpful, thanks a lot for that ;-).

Once again, I need your advice. I have to teach a group of advanced learners (level varies from upper-intermediate to advanced).

I thought about giving them a listening and they have to put the sentences in order and fill in gaps or listen to what is wrong (on the sheet there is something different than the person says). Something like that.

Then, I thought about focusing on either idioms or British/American English -> depending on the listening. What do you thing is more important/interesting? (I should probably add that I �m in England at the moment and that I �m teaching international students who would like to improve their abilities). Or should I focus on something completely different? If so, what would you suggest?

Does anyone know a few websites which have listenings for advanced students? As for the British/American English, I thought about two people speaking, one of them British, the other American. -> Does anyone know a listening that fulfills this criteria?

And if I choose idioms, could anyone give me a few advanced listenings, where idioms are included?

Does anyone have further ideas? I should use the board, a power point presentation, handouts, ...

Or do you have other ideas for a lesson (perhaps including a listening).

I �d really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

20 Nov 2009      

Lancillotta:
Italy

You may like these sites: http://www.esl-lab.com/

Regards,
Lancillotta

20 Nov 2009     

niacouto
Portugal

Well I find www.elllo.org just fine for dialogues in English. Also, you can download the audios (Which I find an advantage!), good luck.

20 Nov 2009