Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Monkeys    

Monkeys

frenchfrog
France

Monkeys

For your information, I bought a collection of cliparts on CDs (7 overall) (1.5 million of cliparts, Micro Application). This morning I checked my collection and here is what I found on CD N� 5:

bogglesworld and mes-english (I think) use cliparts that do not belong exclusively to them! But it is true it may not be a good choice to use the same pictures as they did.

So please, stop this silly and ridiculous �monkey hunt �!! Take the time you devote to digging old worksheets (by the way, you overlook Victor �s rules by doing so...) to create new worksheets!!!

Miss del, how revengeful you are! Some members really astonish me (but not in a positive way!)

I wish you all a nice weekend!

21 Nov 2009      

donapeter
Romania

bogglesworld and mes-english buy clip arts as we buy and use them as we use them. There is no exclusivity for a company to sell only to one customer. 
I saw a few worksheets where the owners used my clip arts ( as I didn �t cut them very well in PShop I could see the difference between mine and a real one Wink) but....who am I to disagree with this? 
As Frenchfrog said....stop this silly and ridiculous �monkey hunt �!

21 Nov 2009     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

I use Clipart which is offered under a Creative Commons licence... is this against the rules? 

21 Nov 2009     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

French Frog..

it is good that you made it clear for the members of this site that you already bought "clipart" cds ..

I don �t know the sites that you mentioned, because as you can notice I �m a new member and have no idea about other sites .. than ESL Printables..

I think that some members try so hard to embarras other members by proving that they copied cliparts or stole other sites worksheets.. ! it is not just for the sake of the site.. maybe it is as you already say "revenge"  Confused

So stop accusing people if you are not sure about worksheets or cliparts ..

21 Nov 2009     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

French Frog..

it is good that you made it clear for the members of this site that you already bought "clipart" cds ..

I don �t know the sites that you mentioned, because as you can notice I �m a new member and have no idea about other sites .. than ESL Printables..

I think that some members try so hard to embarras other members by proving that they copied cliparts or stole other sites worksheets.. ! it is not just for the sake of the site.. maybe it is as you already say "revenge"  Confused

So stop accusing people if you are not sure about worksheets or cliparts ..

21 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

re bogglesworld & MESEnglish images...

Copyright protection applies to �any expressible form of an idea or information that is substantive and discrete and fixed in a medium �. Essentially this means that the clipart images which they own (& that can be bought by others) are not the things that are protected. On the contrary, it �s the way in which they �re presented that is protected! So it �s not possible to present an MESEnglish flashcard (for example) as your own work. There may also be issues with a presentation that is similar enough to be considered �derivative � of their format, layout & appearance (but this may be difficult to prove).

re �creative commons �: Many of the licenses, notably all the original licenses, grant certain "baseline rights",such as the right to distribute the copyrighted work without changes, at no charge. Some of the newer licenses do not grant these rights. (from Wikipedia), so it may depend upon which license the artwork has applied to it!

�Fair Use � may be a valid defense against copyright infringement in jurisdictions where �Fair Use � is recognised (this does not currently include Japan)

I highly recommend browsing the forum history & reading the many discussions you �ll find. Just type �copyright � into the forum search box & see what comes up!

Regards,
AB

21 Nov 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

This monkey hunt sounds more like monkey business!
I have been seeing worksheets reported because
the cliparts were "stolen" from another member...
I don �t think that can ever be proved,
so I think it should stop...
Anyway, that �s my opinion.
Cyn
(from a too early too foggy saturday morning in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina)

21 Nov 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi frenchfrog! If you bought the images I see no reason why you shouldn �t use them. As AB said (thanks for this precious information!), it is not the images that are protected, but the way they �re presented in those sites. Anyway, I �m glad moderators won �t have to deal with the monkeys issue again.

Have a nice day.
mena

21 Nov 2009     

_babz
Canada

Very upseting...

All of us use images and texts that were found on the internet.....and with those images we create unique and exciting worksheets....

I am certain that frenchfrog didn �t merely copy-paste images and called it a day....I �m pretty sure that he did something useful with them

so I think people need to stop reporting worksheets with images they �ve seen elsewhere....unless if that worksheet is identical to what they �ve seen...OR it is basically �just � clipart

stop the witchhunt!Thumbs Down

21 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I am a �she � frog!!! Look how pretty I am in my pink dress!

21 Nov 2009