Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can īt add youtube to an online Exercise     

Can īt add youtube to an online Exercise

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Can īt add youtube to an online Exercise

When i click the Youtube button (the one like an arrow) and copy and past in the embed code, it says "Error inserting object in current location." (I īve tried it a few times on different days) 

Anyone have the same problem? Ideas? 

Browser: Firefox 3.5

21 Nov 2009      

baiba
Latvia

You can make OE only with Internet Explorer. Then everything works.

21 Nov 2009     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Are you serious!? 

So 40% of internet users can īt make Online Exercises because they īre using the "wrong" browser? (By using a faster and more secure one)

Anyway even if I was willing to download it Internet Explorer isn īt available for Linux. 

21 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Interesting... I thought it was possible to install IE in Linux... at least it was with IE6 going back 3 years ago... You could always use a Windows emulator if you were desperate...

Currently IE is the most common browser in use (I donīt normally use it, but I have it on my system for those occasions when itīs īessential� to use it).

Regards,
AB

21 Nov 2009     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

As you said I would need to use WINE, i can see a lot of problems ahead. 
I will see if I can get a chance to use the windows computer in work.

Yes IE is still technically the most common, because it comes with Windows and most people don īt know they have an alternative, or are afraid to try it, but as I said 40% of people use one of the alternatives. This is the first time in 5 years of using Firefox I īve needed IE for anything. 

21 Nov 2009