Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TO gabriela ingles and Anaaa    

TO gabriela ingles and Anaaa

marcia chaves
Brazil

TO gabriela ingles and Anaaa

How was the demonstration yesterday??

Was everything all right?

9 Nov 2008      

Damielle
Argentina

I was also thinking about that!!!!

9 Nov 2008     

Anaaa
Portugal

Smile Well we were 120 thousand teachers this time, but the minister of education still thinks that she�s right and the 120 thousand are wrong, can you believe in such a thing????

Let�s see what happens this week.

We have already a strike in mind for the end of January... let�s wait and see what happens this week Wink

But you know, it was beautiful to see the streets of Lisbon full of teachers we were so many, and all united for the same reason... it was an amazing thing to see and most of all to be a part of Smile

I always heard that together we stand, divided we fall... let�s hope that this minister cannot divide us, because that�s what she�s trying.

For all of you... A VERY NICE WEEK

Hug

9 Nov 2008     

agkk
Turkey

Hi Anaaa and all other teachers in Portugal. I�ve read an interview wih Ana Gaspar (a member of the biggest teachers� union in Portugal; if I�m not wrong) in one of our national newesparers. Now I have an idea about the reasons of the meeting in Lisbon by teachers. (120 thousand is a really good number, congarulations) I myself also a member of the biggest teachers� union in Turkey. I want to say that we also support you and those teachers all over the world who struggle for a better life, a better education system and equality. I�ll be following what will happen in Portual in the following days. Best wishes.

9 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear Ana, do you have a link to the news about education in your country in Spanish or English? I have searched the net, but I couldn�t find any.

9 Nov 2008     

Anaaa
Portugal

Oh, there are some in English, but from what I could read, they are not telling the truth exactly... by reading them you get the idea that the minister is a hero fighting against the lazy teachers who refuse to be evaluated. Well, this isn�t true of course... nobody who is acting straight and being fair can afford to put 120 000 teachers complaining and marching in Lisbon, don�t you think?

The truth is that this minister is trying to turn teachers against teachers, dividing schools and forcing us to give good marks so that Portugal stops being one of the lowest school achievment countries from europe, understand? And instead of improving schools, instead of making teachers feel recognized and respected and instead of working with them in order to improve all this, she decided to divide our carreer in two, she decided to force us to give good marks to students in order to get a good evaluation in what our performance is concerned, she decided to put teachers evaluating teachers from the same school without any kind of preparation for that, she decided to put less teachers in schools and form bigger classes, she decided not to pay us what we deserve, she decided to give more burocratic work instead of time to prepare our lessons... and a lot more things that you cannot imagine... it�s absolutely ridiculous... but here you have some sites that talk about our demonstration... you have there sites talking about our first demonstration this year that took place in March and this one that happened yesterday Wink

10 Nov 2008