Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > classroom decoration    

classroom decoration

rosammd
Spain

classroom decoration

Hello

I am currently teaching adults (average age 29) and I would like to decorate my classroom. I think a decorated classroom (if it is decorated in a good way) can make students feel comfortable.  I have many ideas, but I find all of them inapproriate for my students. Maybe they are childish. So I am asking here if any of you can help me.

I am waiting for your help...

Rosa.

22 Nov 2009      

yolprica
Spain

Maps of English speaking countries would fit perfectly as well as some advanced level pictionaries.
Hugs from Extremadura
Yoland

22 Nov 2009     

rosammd
Spain

Thanks Yoland!

I thought of maps, I would definitely use them.

I forgot to say that their level is quite low, they are beginners, so I think advanced level pictionaries are not useful for them.

Anyway, Thanks a lot! :))

Rosa.

22 Nov 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Hi Rosammd,
I believe classroom decoration is important indeed... periferical learning works wonders!
Posters with functions would look nice... and adults really make use of them...
a list of irregular verbs could also do...
I �ll try to look for some examples on the net to share with you...
Cyn

22 Nov 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Confused Haven �t found what I meant... But in the meantime check out these sites: http://www.teacherstorehouse.com
http://www.station05
Good luck,
Cyn

22 Nov 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Good links Cyn!

BTW here you�ll also find excellent links posted by Victoria and Aftab, you may find something useful

23 Nov 2009     

_babz
Canada

my classroom....it �s filled with posters (around the world)...hollywood stuff....tv..old cameras...radios.....typewriters....it took 2 years to make....hope u get some ideas

23 Nov 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Nice and cozy classroom Babz.

23 Nov 2009     

_babz
Canada

merci beaucoup!

23 Nov 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Very nice ideas _babz...! your classroom looks very cool.

Thanks for the tips

23 Nov 2009     

rosammd
Spain

Thanks a lot to all of you. You have helped me a lot. I will decorate my classroom with your help, and If I like the result I will send you a pic! :)))

Have a nice day
Thanks,
Rosa.

23 Nov 2009