Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > lesson plan    

lesson plan

izolda_62
Iran

lesson plan

hi every body
iam glad to find new friends in this site
i want to know how can i write a lesson plan?
and is it really nessassery??
tnx alot

23 Nov 2009      

Robert Medisa
Chile

Dear pal �
first of all really be precise towards your spelling . it could be mind twister.
then your grammar use of" how can I......." you should know in compound sentence like this , second part provided it �s question will change to statement.
finally it depens directly to your own procedure.
    wish happinessWink

23 Nov 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

@Erm Robert.... YOU are giving advice on grammar???? If you read what you have written it is riddled with so MANY errors!!!!!

Re Lesson plans:

Lessons plans are a good way to keep track of what you are teaching to different groups and levels so that you have a clear learning focus and goal.

Without some type of record it is too easy to become complacent and lose focus of where you want your students to end up.

When I first started teaching my lesson plans were very detailed. (And that was also a requirement in all of the schools that I have worked in - NZ and the UK)

Now after many years I usually use a simple template with:
class/group,
lesson focus/objective
topic or theme if there is one,
resources used (usually listed in the order I will be using them, i.e. page number or number of activity if it is from a book or the name of the worksheet etc),
evaluation/notes

This is because I no longer work in government schools but in adult education institutions where the paperwork is significantly less. However my lesson plans (even if they are very brief) are a record for me to remember exactly what I have done with whom.

The main question for you is:
Is it required where you teach or are you doing it for yourself?

23 Nov 2009