Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Teachers ´ spare time    

Teachers ´ spare time

Aimee/S.
Israel

Preparing materials, getting organized, looking for ideas, checking our beloved site, trying to find new tips to improve the discipline, correcting tests, yes... that ´s my life too! I ´m caught in it and that ´s what I want for the moment LOL I feel exactly like all of you! But I never saw myself working in an office from 8:00 to 16:00....

23 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Oh, yeah! I do have free time.

I love movies, and start watching one. In the middle of it I take a pen and a piece of paper and take notes: scene 3, phrasal verb lesson 84, book 7....

If I ´m listening to music (most American) I pay attention to vocabulary, grammar topics... And most of time I start a great ws with the song before it ends.

Am I getting crazy? Or... crazier?

23 Nov 2009     

Mariethe House
France

wait until you get near retirement like me and here i am , for the 38th year in my career wondering how I could introduce the Present perfect tense in an original way!!
So girls, while it ´s time: RUN!!RUN from this addicting job or you ´ll end up like that at the end of your career!

Seriously speaking, I force myself to get some exercise and fresh air everyday to get rid of some of the stress the job implies!! So watch it! don ´t overdo it! Learn how to say STOP!!Smile

23 Nov 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

Nice topic!!!

...and not just the English lesson. I have to prepare Math, Greek, science, geografy...
... the Christmas feast in the school...
... I have to see my house, to clean, to cook...
... and my little child?My husbant? All my life...
 And many other thinks i like doing...
            THIS IS REAL LIFE:To be helthy, doing everything you like.

Love from
Cyprus

23 Nov 2009     

Baadache
Canada

Look my darling, don ´t worry , all teachers around the world feel the same because our job is achieved not only in the class but also at home. But  if you are married , you have to give more attention to your family, and PLAN free time as you plan it for your sheets.

Good luck

23 Nov 2009     

mr.sneeze
Bermuda

With the art of teaching comes the art of "just winging it". Teachers should make a point of putting this into their program! Teachers (at least ones like you guys and gals-there are quite a few that I know that punch out of and black out school every day at the same time when they hear the magical sound of the bell) I was saying great preparers as many of you seem to be have so much info clogged up in those heads of yours that you just don ´t have enough time to get it all out. Every now and then one has just to go with the flow, take it a little easier, don ´t have such high expectations of one ´s self..take a night off...(ok i ´ll go over the edge now)..DON ´T PREPARE (always) ... and learn just to "wing it" a little bit more every now and then!  A.M.B. Mr.sneeze

23 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2