Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > teacher.....    

teacher.....

Rosedo
Italy

teacher.....

Hi dear colleagues, I have a terrible doubt due to a discussion with a friend-colleague. How do you call the teacher in class?
Thanks for your help
Rosa

23 Nov 2009      

maoopa
China

My students call me Mr. J.

Why?

Best regards,

Mauro

23 Nov 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!

My students call me "Teacher"

Smile

23 Nov 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

They call me Miss Manon. It �s mandatory in my school to put Miss or Mr before the name of the adult. Personally, they could call me by first name. It does not bother me at all.

23 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

In my opinion natives call their teachers Mr. / Ms. + surname. In Brazil it �s different, even in Portuguese they call us "teacher".

My students call me "teacher", my Spanish students call me "maestra or profesora" and my adult English students call me "Zailda" - my name indeed.

23 Nov 2009     

Baadache
Canada

Hi, in Algeria , my pupils used to call me "Miss" and after they knew about my mariage , they say "Mrs", without any name.

23 Nov 2009     

lacorinita
Italy

Hi!
When I worked in Argentina my students used to call me MISS CORI.
Now, living in Italy, I �ve taught them to call me in the same way. The problem is that I got married (well... it �s not a problem at all!!!! jajajaja) and they don �t get accustomed to call Mrs and some of them continue calling me MISS...�
Anyway, I hope it can be useful!
Miss Cori
ps. happily married! ajajaja ��

23 Nov 2009     

Rosedo
Italy

thank you very much for your answers, the doubt was: is it correct to call  a teacher teacher"? I thought that the right way was Mr/Mrs/Miss + surname...

24 Nov 2009