Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Dear brothers and sisters from ESL.....:O)))    

Dear brothers and sisters from ESL.....:O)))

Samantha.esl
Italy

Dear brothers and sisters from ESL.....:O)))

I hope you forgive my terrible sin!

I hope I �m not offending anyone now...with my new avatar.Shocked
I �m sorry and I apologize to the ones who were truly offended, however I do not apologize to the ones who like to critize and judge other people just because. Those who act as puritans and quite often blow their top here! (they often show their true colours).

I just find more disgusting that people would start attacking me on the main forum instead of sending a �polite � private message"
I don �t think ALl those who wrote were �offended � they just like to pop their heads when there is argument going on.. and in the end that shows how unhelpful and unfriendly they are.
It would have been great if the person Mahalo, who started this thread against the avatar, ( http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=14299&page=1), would have send a private request. But they like the circus and the fact that everyone is quick enough to post and post when it comes to judging.. (how come some grammar questions do not get as many answers? 
Btw, I �ve seen some really inappropriate avatars which are NOT cartoons... and nobody seems to mind.
I �ve been even sent messages from people when I had my previous avatars,  calling me things.  I find this extemely rude... and for sure my avatars weren�t inappropriate at all. They were normal pictures of myself.

In spite of everything.... may the LORD Bless your hearts! and have a fruitful day! :O))))

24 Nov 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Dear Sam:

I understand your position and agree with the most you said here, but it seems we had enough on avatars today.

I would also feel attacked if I were in your place, but I wouldn �t open this box if I were you. There are several avatars here that I also consider inappropriate and even offensive, but avatars are personal and each person has his own reasons to choose his. If we start discussing avatars I fear we �re going to miss the point. It �s not a fruitful discussion.

I strongly agree that personal matters, opinions or suggestions may be directed to the member through PM and not exposed on the forum, and this is a thought worthy of discussion. In my country we have the right to a response if we feel attacked, and you �re using this right in my POV.

But starting a new discussion will only make things worse, so how about letting them how they are? I �m with you and I �m sure some members who didn �t take part in the previous thread also agree that it was stronger than it should be, wrongly led, or the like.

You have all my admiration and respect as a great member of this community. I also admire your work as a moderator, you �re always here and trying to make this site better. This is the most important part, and I want to take the opportunity to tell you how much I approve your work and attitudes here.

I hope this matter won �t get you down, and that you just accept it as something to learn from or to forget about - your choice.

No matter your decision is, I �m with you and wish you all the best.

Have a wonderful day.

24 Nov 2009     

debbie6
Canada

Hi...wow...we have an old adage

"If you can do this - display a stupid picture - then what must you be doing with your students in the classroom where no one can see you....this disturbs me because you should be teaching your students "by good example" and this does not fit into that catagory...sorry...and I am catholic. If you had shown me this pic during coffee break as one catholic to another - I might chuckle...but to do it on a site for thousands to see  and many many other religions THEN....it is not so good! I would be worried about how you are dealing with other religious information.... please be careful...

24 Nov 2009     

sylver
Argentina

Thanks for changing the avatar, and sorry if you felt offended by my message. I just think that we, as a community, should try to avoid hurting other people�s feeling. I appreciate that you recognize your mistake. Take care!!

24 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi Debbie,
Thank you for insinuating I must be a terrible teacher for showing this cartoon!  that shows how respectful you are to say that..
I �ll just let you know that my students have fun and learn! So that must mean I �m not all that bad!..

Second, I �m not trying to start a disussion here on the topic again... I just wanted to state my opinion as I couldn �t stay up for the whole night to read the lovely comments about me last night. And I think, I have the right to defend myself and say what I think .. as I see many feel so bold and free to say anything they want about other people and actually start a whole thread saying how bad I am for showing such a cartoon. (which in my opinion, wasn �t rude, but then, as I said, I truly apologize to the people who felt offended not to the rest!.
@silvyar, you are right... we should not offend and hurt other people with our comments like some have hurt me and offended.. So maybe I should be included in the group? ..

24 Nov 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

There �s a difference between irreverence and insult.  Let �s try to keep some perspective!

24 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Edit: I �d like to say to the people who keep sending me pms..(member: maoopa..)..saying I should follow my advice and keep private this issue, that it is a funny, ambiguous and contradicting thing what this person is saying..
I keep it public and already posted because YOU ALL did it public!! So why should I now send a private message too everyone!? I have not time to send more than 30 messages to each one!

Please, DO NOT contact me again!

Thanks!

24 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Sam,
just let it be. People who read the previous discussion will make their own opinion (everyone his own, and different - of course) and there is no need to go into an argument again.
And if PMs from someone, who keeps sending threads promoting his own website all the time abuse you, just put him on your ignore list (as I did).
Hugs, Michaela

24 Nov 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Samantha,
I would like to thank you for changing your avatar.  It shows you have character and decency.Clap

24 Nov 2009