Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to convert large documents?    

How to convert large documents?

skarfreak
Philippines

How to convert large documents?

I have a two-page activity in Microsoft Word, but the problem is that it consume 3.9 MB!!! So hilarious.. I used  few (6) scanned stuffs (JPEG Format). Is there any way to convert them into smaller bytes??? Or, do I have to redo it.

Thanks...

10 Nov 2008      

Logos
Malaysia

Here is a worksheet where I show how to convert a 9mb picture to 16kb.  Try it

10 Nov 2008     

mmill137
Australia

I use IrfanView to reduce the size of my pictures. It is free to download from the net. You just open the picture from file and re-save using the �save as� function and save it in JPEG format (by selecting this on the drop down menu at the bottom of the save screen). Before you click save you can adjust a quality meter bar, I usually drop it back to 30-40% (but you can do what works best for you). The smaller you reduce the bar the smaller your picture size.

Download it from http://www.irfanview.com/

Hope that helps with picture problems!

10 Nov 2008     

bamarcia
Brazil

Hi there,

You could also try Easy Thumbnails, which can be used to create thumbnails as the name says, but also to resize, compress, and rotate pictures. I use it to resize the photos I post on my website and it�s very practical. you can download it free at http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Hope it helps!

Regards from Brazil,

Marcia.

10 Nov 2008