Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > An assignment    

An assignment

Teacher Khalid
Jordan

An assignment

Hello my friends,

After delivering your comments on my last assignment to my professor, He responded positively and gave me anther choice which is:
(Analyze a novel -on your choice- e.g.  pride and prejudice- from a phenomenological point of you based on you reading of Iser �s )

so I will be happy and grateful to hear from you any suggestions or recommendations.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

26 Nov 2009      

Teacher Khalid
Jordan

POINT OF VIEW

26 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Khalid -are you doing a PHD or what? I have no idea what is being asked of you.
What kind of "high"brow" are you working at?  What is the purpose of what you are asked to write about and how does that pertain to your job as a teacher?

Ps - if you need guidelines for Pride and Prejudice  I would suggest Cliff Notes.

26 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Interesting (& intense) stuff Khalid! Unfortunately I �m not well read enough on Iser to understand the finer points of his reasoning... maybe you should try & find a good primer or look at some of his lecture notes. If you have access to JSTOR then this may be good to read too http://www.jstor.org/pss/1771896.

If you can distill his logic process and then apply it to a piece of literature that you are already familiar with it may present some interesting insights for you. I �d love to know if you find any clear websites about this too. I �ll keep my eyes open & send you any links I find.

Here �s a little detail for those who might want to know a bit more about Iser.
http://prelectur.stanford.edu/lecturers/iser/index.html

Regards,
AB

26 Nov 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Khalid see your pm.

26 Nov 2009