Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need your opinion on this    

Need your opinion on this

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

Need your opinion on this

Hi dear ASLprintablists :)
I �ve just picked a nice text from some of the ws here to use it in testing my students and made some modifications on it to adjust it to my students � level.
I �d like you to read the edited version and tell me if there are any mistake or any thing that needs revision. I want it to sound 10000% English, so help me please by correcting the mistakes if there are of course in a different colour. Thank you very much
The text.

My name is Sandra and I used to live with my father since my mother�s death but not until a month ago. Although we lived together for more than 10 years, I do not really know my father. He is not easy to get on with. He is quite a self-centered and too strict person I think, and on some ways, quite unapproachable. People think he is very easy-going and soft, but at home, he keeps himself to himself.

I do not remember much about him when I was a child and till now, he is always busy and slightly out of touch with family life. His work always comes first, and he is always off somewhere running his own business. He is very known and loves being recognized and greeted wherever he goes. He has many responsibilities whether at work or in the society which have made my life incredibly boring.    As a family, we are not that close. We do not see much of each other neither at home nor outside. Each one of us has his own world;  My father and I are very different, like chalk and cheese. My interests have always been the countryside, the farm and the animals there, but his most concerns are business, books, music and opera, which I hate most.

I was attending a very nice public school but because of my total lack of interest and being most of the time absent, I left it. I didn�t really hate school but there was no one looking after me, advising me and telling me what to do and what not to do. I miss all my classmates. My father didn�t care much because he never says no to me.  After school, I tried several jobs but I was not good at any of them simply because dad has always given me the money I ask for so I didn�t see any need for work. Then, I realized that what I really wanted to do was to live in the countryside and look after animals, so that is now what I do.

Now, I live alone in the countryside with some cute animals. I always remember my mum and how my life would be if she�s still alive. I also regret leaving school and I�m always asking the question why my father didn�t object that.. why?

28 Nov 2009      

lshorton99
China

Hi - I �ve made some revisions - hope it helps!

My name is Sandra and since my mother�s death I have been living with my father - up until a month ago. Although we lived together for more than 10 years, I do not really know my father. He is not easy to get on with. He is quite self-centered and too strict a person I think, and in some ways, quite unapproachable. People think he is very easy-going and soft, but at home, he keeps himself to himself.

I do not remember much about what he was like when I was a child and he has always been busy and slightly out of touch with family life. His work always comes first, and he is always off somewhere running his own business. He is very well-known and loves being recognized and greeted wherever he goes. He has many responsibilities whether at work or in society which have made my life incredibly boring.    As a family, we are not that close. We do not see much of each other at home or outside it. Each one of us has their own world;  My father and I are very different, like chalk and cheese. My interests have always been the countryside, farming and the animals there, but his  concerns are mostly business, books, music and opera, which I really hate.

I used to attend a very nice public school but because of my total lack of interest and constant absence, I left. I didn�t really hate school but there was no one looking out for me, advising me or telling me what to do and what not to do. I miss all my classmates. My father didn�t care much because he has never said no to me.  After school, I tried several jobs but I was not good at any of them simply because dad has always given me the money I asked for so I didn�t see any need to work. Then, I realized that what I really wanted to do was to live in the countryside and look after animals, so that is what I now do.

These days, I live alone in the countryside with some cute animals. I often think about my mum and what my life would be like if she were still alive. I also regret leaving school and I always ask myself why my father never objected .. why?

28 Nov 2009     

walidb�cha
Tunisia

vive anglais avec  ayda

28 Nov 2009     

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

To Ishorton99: thanks a lot for your editing, it does help but i don �t know why the original author has made all of these mistakes because 99% of what you edited are taken as they are from the original one, that �s why I asked for some revision. Thanks a lot.

To Walidbacha: et vive toi aussi

28 Nov 2009     

walidb�cha
Tunisia

it �s  your  business!!!!!!!!!!! thank you  very much

28 Nov 2009     

walidb�cha
Tunisia

28 Nov 2009     

walidb�cha
Tunisia

28 Nov 2009     

lshorton99
China

It �s possible that the original author was not English? I haven �t seen the original worksheet so I couldn �t possibly say! Was just trying to make it 10000% English. Good luck with your lesson!

30 Nov 2009