Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > This is HORRIBLE!!!    

This is HORRIBLE!!!

Spagman63
Hong Kong

This is HORRIBLE!!!

If you are pregnant and thinking about getting the H1N1 vaccine, PLEASE read this first.  Please pass this on to anyone you know who is pregnant. 

28 Nov 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

WOW! How old are you, Silke?lol  I was just a tadpole then. 

28 Nov 2009     

donapeter
Romania

I think Silke means that this scandal reminds her of another famous  scandal from history. I really don �t think she is that old!

28 Nov 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

HAHA!! I thought you were an eyewitness. :)  BTW, I´ve got you beat  by 5 years, Silke. 

28 Nov 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

What a terrible situation. Thanks for sharing the article

ahhh?? hahaha Silke...

David... why the 63??

28 Nov 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

oh ok! ok...

Mystery solved, so... I will be able to sleep now...

Since David is my dear friend, I�ll change my nickname then... JulietaVL82

edit: why ladybird?...

28 Nov 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Thanks, Spagman. I wasn �t even thinking of getting the vaccine. It �s such a horrible shame - pharmaceutical industry experimenting on people, spreading fear among trusting people and making soooooooo much money it �s just obscene. Reminds me of the old Roman saying - Divide and conquer, with some changes to suit the times - Spread fear and make money. My husband and son (and the baby in my belly) have just been spending a family afternoon - chatting, making Christmas cards with the TV on and a 10-minute commercial block, with about 12-15 commercial adds, was ALL about selling drugs (medicine) - do you cough, do you have a fever, if you want to survive the flu, would you like to feel better, pills to sleep, pills to wake up, etc. Horrible! I mean, I �m not attacking the medical profession as it is, but the golden middle is the golden middle, and too much of a good thing is just as bad as not enough of it. And all this propaganda is just too much. I hear the H1N1 vaccine is obligatory for school kids in Hungary, and in France it �s highly recommended for pregnant women and small kids!!!! Shocking!

28 Nov 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I believe vaccination has proven itself through history. I respect people who choose not to get them but overall, it is my belief that it has made more good than harm. For me, it has always been the right choice.

I �ve always gotten the flu shot and I have to say I have not been sick with the flu since then. Is it because of the shot? We �ll never know. I got the H1N1 flu a month ago and I don �t wish that on anyone. I �d rather take my chance with a vaccine than being stuck in my bed for many days like I was.

I am aware that the vaccine can have effects on pregnant women. I know in Quebec, they give another type of H1N1 shot. Last week, almost every students in my schoolboard received the vaccine.

28 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

In the States the 60 �s vaccine to relieve nausea in pregnant women was called

Thalidomide:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide

And Spagmann - you don �t have to be old to know about things.
I �m sick and tired of this age thing.

I know lots about  World War II - but I didn �t live through it.
So let �s just drop it and respect each other for the knowledge we
bring to this site.

28 Nov 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I like Manon, believe it is up to the individual to decide whether they want to get the vaccine or not.  Up until last week I did �t know whether I would get it or not.  On Friday one of my good friends died from h1n1 and I saw the tremendous grief in her family.  Yesterday, I got my vaccine, not only for myself, but for my family.  At our school there are presently 65 confirmed cases of h1n1.  It makes you think, the vaccine or h1n1?

28 Nov 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Nancy, I �m really sorry for the loss of your friend.

28 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >