Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Template/layout    

Template/layout

lucak (F)
Czech Republic

Template/layout

I should your know opinion, but I am not sure:

I prepared my festival template (4 parts of interactive power point game: HALLOWEEN and TO BE). It took me many hours to design and prepare it.

I also finish my Christmas power point game (with using my own template), but I haven �t published it yet. I am going to publish it in the first days of December.

Today I found Christmas ppt using my template - only some colours, pictures and words were changed.

I think that it is not fair..., but some users say: "It is normal. Life is too short."

I am quite confused: is really allowed to take someone �s else template and publish it as your own work?

I think that every user is unique and has its own "handwriting" of his/her worksheets.�

I have reported it, and Iwill wait for your opinion.

29 Nov 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Good morning Lucak! It has been agreed that layouts can �t be copied without the author �s permisssion. Have you tried to send a private message to the member who used your layout and ask her to change it? It usually works.

Have a nice day.
mena

29 Nov 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think this layout issue is complicated. It �squite difficult to prove that a layout os one user �s property. There are not so many possible atractive layouts. In this case,the user changed
the pictures, the words,the colours.What did she use? The frames and the text boxes? So can we really say that she has stolen somebody �s work? If you check out the powerpoint games  you will see that they are all very similair because that �s how they work best. Don �t get me wrong, I �m not defending steeling here ,I just think that sometimes the user didn �t even know that he is using an other user �sl ayout.

29 Nov 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Hello, I �m going to give my opinion about this topic too.

A few days ago, I saw a layout that I liked a lot, and wanted to use to create a new worksheet. I think that the best thing I did was to send the author of the original layout a private message asking him if I could use his template.

I agree with what Mena has said.

Good luck!

29 Nov 2009     

English971
Guadeloupe

Totally agree wit � u S.lefevre. And, it �s particularly true when pictures, etc are taken from the net, everybody has acces to them.

29 Nov 2009