Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Syllabus    

Syllabus

nita551
Spain

Syllabus

I teach kids of different ages, we don�t use a text book as I work in an Academy (we use written material such as readings and worksheets, we encourage the kids to speak in English as much as possible and use a lot of games and songs), my question is, do you know of any sites where I can get an idea of what children, depending on age and level, are supposed to learn, it would be great to know structures, verb tenses, vocabulary...etc, they are to know. Thanks in advance for your help.

29 Nov 2009      

mena22
Portugal

You should look for you countries national curriculum  and then for the English syllabus. When I visit the site of the Portuguese Ministry of Education, there �s an option with the syllabus of all subjects in the Curriculum.

Have a nice day.
mena

29 Nov 2009     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

The oxford website allows you to look at the contents pages of most of their books, these tell you what grammar and vocabulary children and adults learn at different levels. 

The levels (usually) go

beginner
elementary
pre-intermediate
intermediate
upper-intermediate
advanced 

http://www.oup.com/elt/

29 Nov 2009     

belfer
United States

Check also the WIDA website - http://www.wida.us/standards/elp.aspx
The above are the US standards that I must adhere to, but you might use their ideas. Good Luck!

29 Nov 2009     

nita551
Spain

Thanks for your ideas, I�ll have a look at the site and see how it goes!!!

30 Nov 2009