Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Christmas with preschool children    

Christmas with preschool children

marykate
Spain

Christmas with preschool children

Hello everybody! Smile

I �m thinking about what to do with my youngest children for Christmas (3-5 years old), it has to be something very simple and brief. I need some ideas about what can they do, taking into account that their parents will be present. I �m open to any idea. THANKS in advance! Wink

29 Nov 2009      

priorita
Ukraine

Let them sing! Jingle Bells or short easy carols. And you may ask parents to bring sweets with them to give to your little carolsingers. 

29 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Sing + act out :-) + play easy music instruments - drums, jingle bells, rattles...

29 Nov 2009     

puddyd
Oman

Why don �t you get them to make some bells by taking those wooden �ice lolly � sticks you buy in a craft shop and tying the bells onto them with a nice red ribbon and they can shake that while they sing jingle bells and then they can also make a decoration each and you can maybe get them to go in groups of 3 and say a line of a christmas carol and place their decoration on the tree and the next 3 etc and finally you can light the tree with lights and they can sing their jingle bells....some ideas
G �luck ;o)

29 Nov 2009     

lisacao
Italy

I teach preschool children too! For Xmas I will tell my students the story of the Gingerbread Man and together we will prepare the gingerbread man biscuits at school!
I have prepared some flashcards and some dices that I will use to teach and revise the vocabulary! The story can be played by the kids because it is very simple. Is you have many children you can make them act in groups of three cows, three Gingerbread man and so on!
Have a look at my printables and if you see anything I can send by PM!
I also have very nice and not traditionals Xmas songs that can be performed!
 The songs are to heavy and I must send them by personal mail... [email protected]
Hope this hepls you!
Take care,
Lisa

29 Nov 2009     

marykate
Spain

THANK YOU very much for all your ideas!! I �m so grateful to ALL of you.

29 Nov 2009     

carolina_772
Spain

We sing the song that has the rhydm of frere jacques:

Father xmas
Father xmas
he got stuck
he got stuck
coming down the chimney
"
what bad luck
what bad luck!

For children at this ages miming and moving is really important to understand the meaning of the song and that makes the song funny for the parents as well!

29 Nov 2009     

marykate
Spain

29 Nov 2009     

marykate
Spain

30 Nov 2009     

poleta
Spain

Have a look : This is a very easy song
I reccomend you this site for excellent songs for our very young learners
Supersimplesongs.com

30 Nov 2009     

lisacao
Italy

I forgot ...

If you need any other stuff about the Gingerbread Man story, have a look at this site!

http://www.kidzone.ws/thematic/gingerbread/index.htm

There are a lot of ideas and activities you can do with your students!

Have fun!

Lisa

30 Nov 2009