Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR    

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sophiegirl67
Canada

Thank you....they love it too.  It �s their time to be "smarter than the teacher". 

It is too much of a coincidence for me.  Those wss had been up for months.  Read what she says in the row.

30 Nov 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Well I am afraid that after reading the thread you posted you actually come off as quite aggressive and rude at times. It could have been ANY person reading the forum who decided to look at your printables to see who you are and what you have contributed. THEN recognising whatever worksheets were reported.
ANYONE can report a worksheet and if a link is given (which it is if it is reported as being from a website) THEN ANYONE with over 1000 points can moderate. ie check it out and decide if it stays or goes.

No one goes through old printables looking for stuff to delete. If you have a problem with another worksheet because it is copied. Then it is your right to be able to report it yourself.

If YOU have a problem with how this website is run or set out  (which from reading your posts I guess you do) then the ONLY person to talk to is to PM or email Victor the sites owner.

30 Nov 2009     

mizutamari
United States

Dear Sophie,

Please grow up.  If I were the school that employs you as a teacher, I would be ashamed.  I hope you don �t use the same attitude with your students.

You copied a worksheet or a source online, editted it, and uploaded it.  That is a form of plagarism if you don �t give credit where credit is due.  In that scenario try making a visible comment or note saying that you editted [user] �s original worksheet.  I copied and editted a worksheet that I uploaded in order to make the sentences a little easier for my students, but because I gave credit to the original maker it was no problem and nobody ever reported it.  Perhaps you should try doing the same.

I don �t doubt there are other worksheets on here like yours that the moderators haven �t seen yet.  Obviously it �s impossible for the moderators to find every single copied worksheet if they aren �t submitted by fellow users.  This site gets hundreds of new worksheets uploaded everyday.

Please chill out and take the steps necessary to make sure your future uploads don �t get rejected.  And if one of them does, next time try acting a little more civilized or contacting the moderators or site owner first before you call out another user.  Patience is a virtue while a temper will get you nowhere.

30 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

It was not a worksheet that I copied a few questions from it was a website...many people do that. And I didn �t modifiy it to make it easier for my students, I modified it to make it more relevant to my students....some of the questions were too American.  It was simply a trivia quiz about turkeys.  How fast they run...how fast they fly....which country raises the most turkeys etc...how much more modification do I need....those are commmon questions....not intellectual property...

I am an excellent teacher who is loved by my students and my employers, thank you very much.  I think that is rude of you saying that MIZU.  How unprofessional is that???

Cheezels..that is what I have been trying to do...contact Victor...but he seems to busy to care.

30 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2