Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help please!    

Help please!

Laura-Jane
Japan

Help please!

Hello,
This may be a silly question but how do I send a private message to other users?
I have tried clicking on the little envelope, and on their name and on contact me, and I either get taken to the home page, or I get a microsoft email service thing come up (it`s all in Japanese so I am not sure what it is).

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I`m being silly!
Laura

30 Nov 2009      

mrsabirqureshi
Pakistan

I think you have to click on small envelop in the bottom of person�s flag. not your envelop

have a good day

30 Nov 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi Laura,
It happens if you are using firefox.
Some options:
1. You can click on a blue envelope if they have written in the forum and that should open a message box for you to write in.
2. Go to private messenger (under your avatar) and send a message option from there. You will need to know and write in their user name.
3. The last way is to go to the persons printables page... BUT you need to go one step further or you will end up back on the main page... You need to click on any of their printables (to go to a viewing page for that printable) and THEN if you click on their blue envelope it should work.

Hope that helps!

30 Nov 2009     

Laura-Jane
Japan

OK I figured it out!
I was on the users profile and it kept taking me to the home page when I pressed their envelope.

However, when i was looking at one of their worksheets the envelope worked and let me send a message.
Is this a glitch or something or is it just my computer!

Thanks anyway,
Laura

30 Nov 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Nope not a glitch... I have to do it that way as well... I think everyone has to if they are NOT using Internet Explorer....

30 Nov 2009