Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > How to reduce PPT file size in addition to image compressing?    

How to reduce PPT file size in addition to image compressing?

cemakyol
Turkey

How to reduce PPT file size in addition to image compressing?

My dear Collegues,

I want to send ppt. about Tradional Turkish Drinks but I cannot send as its size is 2.23MB.. I know, as ESLprintables says , I have to compress the images in it.. I have already done it.. Each images have tiny size such as 7kb-10kb..What else can I do? Cause nothing changed...Even I deleted 3 slides and saved as with a different name on my desktop, size changed very little??? Pls say something :)

30 Nov 2009      

freddie
Canada

Hocam

You could divide it into 2 or 3 parts and upload it as part 1,  part 2 and part 3.

Hope this helps

30 Nov 2009     

cemakyol
Turkey

How many times do I have right to download for just one ppt?

30 Nov 2009     

sedefg�l
Turkey

for example, if your ppt is downloaded 50 times, you will get the right to download 50 worksheets or ppt.

30 Nov 2009     

cemakyol
Turkey

Dear sedefg�l,

I  am asking just for uploading 1 ppt file, which size is more than 500kb, and even I compressed all the images , nothing has changed about the size of the ppt file...Do you have email address? so I can send you to check..

30 Nov 2009     

menelmir
Hungary

I think it would be a good idea to allow pptx (word 2007) formats, as the new format reduces the size of the document a lot. It would be easier to upload power points with graphics and several images. Is that possible? Ivan

30 Nov 2009     

jesusantoniolorca
Spain

I agree with the idea of allowing pptx formats, my ppts are too heavy and I can�t upload them!

30 Nov 2009     

geomarie
Puerto Rico

I �ve had the same problem.  I tried the part 1, part 2 thing, but it didn �t work.  I practically had to do a part for every 2 or 3 slides and it looses its purpose and links.  I hope there �s a solution.  Interactive PowerPoint presentations have always engaged my students an this has helped me keep them on task and learning.  I had a great time reviewing today for an exam with a Jeopardy game I used and they demonstrated their understanding of the topics by explaining why an answer was correct or incorrect.

2 Dec 2009     

qurtail
Saudi Arabia

Hi

It is very simple .

There are many software that reduce the size of PPT files , try

PPT Compressor

Or

NXPowerLite

Or

TopByteLabs

Or