Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > It should be banned!    

It should be banned!

Rebs
Spain

It should be banned!

I came across a worksheet a few days ago and to my surprise It was a direct copy from a book called:

Taboos and Issues photocopiable lessons on contraversial topics

by Richard MacAndrew and Ron Martinez

funnily enough the worksheet was called �it should be banned �LOL
so i checked out Saskush �s other worksheets and surprise surprise another 5 peices of her work was taken directly from the book!!!!!

I know I am not the greatest contributer to this site, nor do I have a huge amount of downloads, which is ok, but i do try my hardest to create original peices of work so it makes me really mad when i see this happen!

Anyway I guess i �ve said my peice. But my question is I reported the wks but the only option to report it was �web page � which its not its a copy from a book, i just hope the report goes through....will it?! I don �t know what happens when someone reports you and I hope i never find out.

Well thanks to everyone else who makes this site worthwhile and so amazing.

30 Nov 2009      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Don �t worry.
Even exact copy from a book may be reported (and your reports went through). But I would like to ask you a question: Are the wss  exact copies or were there some activities added by the user?
I also asked other moderators if someone else could confirm it. It is nothing personal but if I don �t have the book I want at least two confirmations. It is different from web sites where we can check straight away.
Take care, Michaela

30 Nov 2009     

Rebs
Spain

Ok thanks!

Yes everything has been copy and pasted directly from the book and no extra activities have been added.

But I have just checked and it appears the moderators have made their decision and removed her work.

Thanks for answering my questions - Rebs 

3 Dec 2009