Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Vendettas    

Vendettas

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Vendettas

ven�detta (ven detə)

noun

1. a feud in which the relatives of a murdered or wronged person seek vengeance on the murderer or wrongdoer or on members of that person �s family
  2. any bitter quarrel or feud
Etymology: It < L vindicta, vengeance:

Don �t you just love it when someone takes it upon herself to be your personal critic? NO matter what you say or post, she is waiting in the wings to pick fault with something you write.  You could make a post about finding the cure for cancer or how to have world peace and there she would be, finding some way to rebut you.  On top of that, she posts a very authoritative post in response to something she TOTALLY misunderstood.  She assumes she knows the meaning but it is actually a personal joke between you and another member which she does not understand.  Do you have a verbal vulture like that? 

1 Dec 2009      

sophiegirl67
Canada

Sounds familiar to me.

1 Dec 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Spagman

I like that, verbal vulture.  I think we have all come across a person like this in our lifetime and they might be male or female.  Actually, I think I read something along these lines in one of my verbal self-defence  books in another life.  According to the book there are ways and means of coping with verbal vultures.

Cheers

Jayho

1 Dec 2009