Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > two teachers in one class     

two teachers in one class

marwan380
Yemen

two teachers in one class

dear teachers :
Imagine that two English teachers are there in one class what can be ?did it happen to you or did you have done it ?
is it O.K?

1 Dec 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Not sure I understand your question, but, yes, I had the opportunity to work side by side with another teacher - as always, it depends on your interaction and how you both prepare - I had great and not so great situations - one teacher basically sat down to �take a nap � while I worked with all the kids, but I also had a great time when a teacher and I did one activity at a time - it taught me a lot and the kids loved it!!!

1 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Where I come from, there is a program of language assistants. I always have another person in the classroom with me. The assistant is not a teacher. He/She does oral activities with the students. I �m rarely alone in my class and I love it.

1 Dec 2009     

niacouto
Portugal

Hi Marwan380,

Some years ago I had that kind of experience doing "team teaching". It paid off not only because we had the chance to try new methodologies as teachers but it was good for the students as well, as they always had a teacher available to pay closer attention to them and help them with their difficulties. The experience also provided the students with more opportunities for speaking. The negative aspect was that it involved a lot of time when we had to prepare the lessons (by the time I hardly had time for my family!) and all the planning involved in who was going to do what. Generally speaking, I would say it was a very interesting and fruitful experience.

1 Dec 2009     

abaza
Qatar

Look at the positive side . Two teachers means less burdens on your shoulder and it is applied in many schools here in qatar especially in task based lessons or activity lessons which need two facilitators . Also, a teacher with u will help to have constructive feedback which will help in your professional development.
the job of the teacher asssisstant howeber has to be objective and the activities of the two teachers have to be well planned.

والله الموفق والسلام عليكم

1 Dec 2009